You know winter is near when.....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup.
and by the time heavy winter snow sets in the zane's and krusty's role in for great entertainment and a vaccine against cabin fever. :laugh:

every year like clock work.

Yeah, I noticed sometime around Friday the number of posts in the Firewood forums had started exceeding the number of posts in Off Topic for the first time since fishing season opened :D

Yup pretty soon , everbody will be back on, new faces asking the same old ? By the time winter is done they will be pros ,or will have given up on the fire wood thing.

Beefie

Yup pretty soon , everbody will be back on, new faces asking the same old ? By the time winter is done they will be pros ,or will have given up on the fire wood thing.

Beefie

I was going to post some thing similiar, but wanted to be polite to the new guys....:msp_thumbup:......Oh by the way, if I chop up this red oak in the front yard today, it should be ready to burn by winter shouldn't it....?

:D

I was going to post some thing similiar, but wanted to be polite to the new guys....:msp_thumbup:......Oh by the way, if I chop up this red oak in the front yard today, it should be ready to burn by winter shouldn't it....?

:D

Just as long as you keep it covered. :wink:

I must admit, I'm a seasonal visitor. I think this is my third year. Four years ago I used a craftsman 14" chainsaw and thought the only way to make a tree fall over is with a chain and a truck. Now I have two stihls and a selection of sharpeners, wedges, woodsplitter, etc. So, you all must be steering us in the right direction, thank you.

I spend way too much time thinking about firewood and not enough time gathering firewood. It's been a busy year for me, I still have three more cords to get for THIS WINTER :msp_ohmy: Good thing standing-dead lodgepole will dry out in a few days next to the stove. If I wait much longer, I'll have to burn pellets :angry:

It was raining yesterday, I decided that the computer beat the TV.
I did go out for a bit to make sure the new roof I put on the deer blind Saturday was water tight. It is and isn't to nosiy even though it is metal.

:D Al

You log into AS after work and there is more than a page of new posts....:cheers:

Yep.....got the itch and want to see what everyone is up to as well.....happens every year. Myself, just waiting to pull the trigger on the first fire. Here in central Jersey that won't be till around the first of November. I have some nice 2 year seasoned splits earmarked for the occasion.

wood

Cold weather seems to bring out all the grasshoppers looking for heat. :msp_rolleyes:

im 3 years ahead and sthil getting more wood have 30 cord stacked tree guy gets wood all the time when do i say stop good problem to have right

Have 20ish cord gathered, about 8 is split and stacked - the rest is stacked in 42" lengths. After the " hurricane" I see at least a dozen red oaks down. I'm lucky and blessed.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

:laugh:

[personal experience]

Sometimes I sit back and realize how ridiculous it is how many forums I belong to, how many sites I check daily/weekly/etc, and how my time varies across the web! Seems I go in waves since there's only so many surfing hours in a day. Of course there's sites I always ghost (like this one) even if not posting actively just to keep tabs. Really though, it's nuts! There's too much info on the web and I want to read it all!

Winter may be close. But not close enough for the first fire. So far I've only burned some cottonwood blow down and cedar in the fire pit for the wife and kids. Any fire is fun though. Especially with the family.

We could all move to Florida and sit around and play cards or shuffleboard. Then we could talk about the good old days when men were men and how we use to cut firewood to keep warm. Nah aint gonna happen.

Latest posts

Back