You know you have CAD when......

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I VEHEMENTLY DENY having CAD

GetAttachmentThumbnail

IF I had CAD, this would have been a 72" Bar, not merely ;) a 60" Bar

There you have it PHOTOGRAPHIC PROOF, that Husky Man Does NOT have CAD :)

I'm NOT Fooling anyone here, am I?

Doug :cheers:
Yeah but did you get a 72" sawmiller bar from cannon to later find it wood only mill 60" when a 60" cannon bar had a couple loops with is already hanging? And displayed in my avatar. Then found a Forester 72 that flexes less than the 59" Stihl bar that fits an 880? Prepped for bigger milling than most trees round here.

Or have you ever gotten a two man Mall by accident? Maybe didn't sound enough like no. And the member who was close got it, and didn't want it. He got it 4 me:crazy2:I need reminders to not place my thinks on these pages. It rides in My van since I got it because there is nowhere 4 me to put:nofunny:

When you have someone drive thousands of dollars worth of saws from one country into another and you meet him just across the border to load them all up to take back home just so you can ship them all the way to the east coast. Why? Because one you want to look at them and second just because saw guys help each other out.

Since I got my 70cc saw, I no longer feel the need to own any 39 to 69cc saws.....except the 3400....and the 009L which I'd like to put big bore kits on.
So I'm thinkin about selling 3 or 4.....and a backpack blower.

Really only saws I think about adding are if I luck into a cheap big big saw or a 020 or 200T. These are the only ones that I feel like would be time well spent working on., for me.

So I'm cured, right? Or maybe I should get that 026...............? :(
:chainsaw: :sucks:

Since I got my 70cc saw, I no longer feel the need to own any 39 to 69cc saws.....except the 3400....and the 009L which I'd like to put big bore kits on.
So I'm thinkin about selling 3 or 4.....and a backpack blower.

Really only saws I think about adding are if I luck into a cheap big big saw or a 020 or 200T. These are the only ones that I feel like would be time well spent working on., for me.

So I'm cured, right? Or maybe I should get that 026...............? :(
:chainsaw: :sucks:

For over 25 years my 266XP and 23 Compact(38cc/2.3cuin) were a 2 Saw plan (Before I even KNEW what a "2 Saw Plan" was;):)) that served me Very Well, I don't intend to EVER part with either saw. I had no Idea how much I NEEDED a Good 50cc saw until I bought my 353, now that saw gets a LOT of use.

I was seriously looking at a 395XP for awhile, then the CSM bug bit me, HARD, and I found a New 3120XP for not much more than the 395XP, that was a No Brainer. The 3120XP is FUN to run, especially Bucking LARGE logs. A Family Friend had a Good size D Fir blow over onto one of his Barns(Slow Mo Blow Down Fortunately) Brad had it lifted off the Barn and bucked into 20-30 logs, I cut those down to about 12' and cut 7/8 through with the 3120XP, and rolled them to finish the bucking cuts by up cutting, THAT didn't take long for the "New Saw" Fun to wear off, up cutting with the 3120XP, after the third, or was it second?:confused: round, I put the 3120 down and grabbed the 266:):):).

I can see a "USE" for saws in about 10cc increments, at least to 70cc, then the 3120, and a Future 395, will take care of all my needs.

That 353 surprised me how often I would reach for it on wood up to 12-14", and it works very well in my Granberg Mini-Mill for edging, I don't regret that 353 at all.

The 266 is great in wood from 12-24", I could cut Bigger with it, we mainly cut Conifers, D Fir and Hemlock, with some Lodgepole and Tamarack on occasion so I could probably get away with a 28"B&C with a Skip tooth chain, but with 36, 44 and 60" Bars for the 3120, there really is no need for a bigger bar on the 266, the 24" Balances Nicely on it.

If you look at my Sig Line, I have future plans for a 395XP, 372XP and a 550XP, there wont be any never been fueled shelf queens in my garage.

Doug :cheers:

How about when you haven't heated with wood for 7 years but still hang out on chainsaw sites and want a ported 60cc saw. I'm not sick enough to buy one, but that doesn't stop the wants. Kinda like a smoker who has been on the wagon for 7 years but still gets the urge for a cancer stick and hangs out with chain smokers just to get the second hand whiff.

How about when you haven't heated with wood for 7 years but still hang out on chainsaw sites and want a ported 60cc saw. I'm not sick enough to buy one, but that doesn't stop the wants. Kinda like a smoker who has been on the wagon for 7 years but still gets the urge for a cancer stick and hangs out with chain smokers just to get the second hand whiff.
Hey, that reminds me... It's time for a smoke break.

You know you have CAD when search eBay and find the one homelite super xl auto oiler that isn't 300 bucks because it's "vintage". 60$ not running.....I got a saw with dealer rebuilt carb, new gas lines, new reeds, new stihl chain, a lightly worn homelite bar, and very good working manual and auto oilers. All it needed to run was flip the switch to off because its hooked up backwards.IMG_20190722_190013.jpg IMG_20190722_190019.jpg

You know you have CAD when search eBay and find the one homelite super xl auto oiler that isn't 300 bucks because it's "vintage". 60$ not running.....I got a saw with dealer rebuilt carb, new gas lines, new reeds, new stihl chain, a lightly worn homelite bar, and very good working manual and auto oilers. All it needed to run was flip the switch to off because its hooked up backwards.View attachment 748782 View attachment 748783
You suck!:)

I haven't heated with wood since 1999 and I had one saw. I stumbled across this site a couple years ago and now I have 8 saws and looking everyday.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back