You know you heat with wood when.....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You go to the saw shop christmas eve day for no other reason other than to shoot the breeze with the owner and tell them merry christmas.

Merry Christmas folks. :cheers:

Did that! Actually did need a couple chains for the little saw, but I spent more time shooting the breeze and checking out his reorganization, complete with a "shelf queen" shelf along a whole wall. His quote of the day, after giving me the "cash and carry" price on chains, "We don't want ya going to Bailey's on us!"

You get home from work, at midnight, decide it's nice out and a bit too warm in the house, so you spend the next hour carrying wood down to the basement from the woodshed.

AS bonus: You get the tape measure out to get an accurate cordage to report to the boys and gals on AS: .39 cords, give or take. That's about all I like to do in a day with the stairs. Used to have a steel chute I threw in the window, but too messy. This gives me some excersise, needed to get rid of the 10lbs I've put on between quitting smoking and holiday eating.

I hope to have the basement full before long, I've got room for maybe a cord and a half more right now. Full, it will give me 2+ months of midwinter burning without opening the back door when it's -30. What I brought in tonight is good for about 2 cold weeks, maybe a month if it stays as warm as it has so far.

You go to the saw shop christmas eve day for no other reason other than to shoot the breeze with the owner and tell them merry christmas.

Merry Christmas folks. :cheers:

Did that! Actually did need a couple chains for the little saw, but I spent more time shooting the breeze and checking out his reorganization, complete with a "shelf queen" shelf along a whole wall. His quote of the day, after giving me the "cash and carry" price on chains, "We don't want ya going to Bailey's on us!"

Count another in on visiting the saw shop on Christmas Eve. :smile2:

I picked up a 24" .058 bar for a screaming deal because I found out my dealer had a alot of bulk .058 chipper chain. I went in Christmas Eve have him make a few loops when he informed me he also has a bunch of .058 full chisel also. :D:msp_thumbsup:

Life is good. I will be in chains for a loooong while.

Count another in on visiting the saw shop on Christmas Eve. :smile2:

I picked up a 24" .058 bar for a screaming deal because I found out my dealer had a alot of bulk .058 chipper chain. I went in Christmas Eve have him make a few loops when he informed me he also has a bunch of .058 full chisel also. :D:msp_thumbsup:

Life is good. I will be in chains for a loooong while.

what was the price on that 24 inch 058 bar??

You walk in the house and it is 110F.

wife is nearly nakid and all the windows are open and the patio door.

wife has a bum foot from trying to get wood from the stack behind the furnace in her bare feet.

wife had stuffed the furnace full and left the damper and draft open. shes doen it several times.

There are more pots and kettles on the wood burner than the kitchen range.

wife yelling about all the wood chips floating in the washer.

wife yelling about stubbing her toe on a wood splinter in the carpet. I don't know how it got there, probably the cat.

:D Al

You walk in the house and it is 110F.

wife has a bum foot from trying to get wood from the stack behind the furnace in her bare feet.

wife had stuffed the furnace full and left the damper and draft open. shes doen it several times.

There are more pots and kettles on the wood burner than the kitchen range.

wife yelling about all the wood chips floating in the washer.

wife yelling about stubbing her toe on a wood splinter in the carpet. I don't know how it got there, probably the cat.

You say this like it's a bad thing. In her skivvies and can't run away.....whats not to love.:msp_thumbsup:

you smack your uncle up the side of the head cause he says "its to much work to heat with wood"
You are watching the same show your girlfriend is at diffrent houses and you see a chainsaw on that show and she texts you asking... "you just screamed chainsaw didnt you?" :laugh:
Your neighbors get mad cause you start your saw "just to hear it run."
Your thinking of wood when your around girls (get your mind out of the gutter haha)
The smell of wood turns your girlfriend on ;)

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

While at the grind, err I mean the 9-5 you go outside for a minute and hear a chainsaw in the distance, and think I wonder what kind of tree they are dropping and if I can get over there after work and grab a load of wood....Today's case with me

You have ever emailed your stove manfacturer and praised them for cutting you heating bills

Jeff

Chasing her is an excesize in frustration. When it is over 85f she will use the fire extingure on you to put out your fire.

Chasing her is an excesize in frustration. When it is over 85f she will use the fire extingure on you to put out your fire.

Feisty too.....sounds like you have yourself a good one.:msp_thumbup:

Ahh just wait till she gets older, eventually she"ll slow down:hmm3grin2orange:

Hey, you know the rules here on AS... if there ain't pictures, it never happened. :hmm3grin2orange:

You base a used tractor on how big a log you can skid with it.
It it ain't got a scoop on the front, ain't interested.
Cabs, cabs, just another window to get busted out, kinda like the rear window on the wood truck.

Back