You know your having the start if a great weekend when-

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leon

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score

1. The home is a tad cold and you dont worry about it as you have been
using oil ;

2. You decide its because the house is poorly
insulated and the wind is picking up early in the evening.

3. You have not heard the boiler kick on in a while and you
don't give it a second thought.

4. The radiators are not warm and you go back to no. 3.

5. You put a heavier cotton work shirt on and dont give it a second
thought.

6. A bit later you think you have a heating problem.

7. You press the reset switch on the third Riello burner you have owned in 28
years and it does not fire.

8. You decide to check the expensive double wall oil tank that lost 75
gallons of capacity due to the change from bittom draw to top draw due
to the repeated instances of crap and algae affecting the oil burner and
killing it during the heating season 2 years ago.

9. Eureka!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. You take the coffe can that protects the fuel gauge from ice and snow
slides off of the fuel gauge.

11. The fuel tank is empty and you decide that its time to change your
supplier who had recently gone through a buy out and reorganization
shedding offices and employees centralizing its operations and eliminating
fuel depots.

12. You plan on attending the train show anyway as the wood boiler is
working.

The fuel tanks empty, the story is again beginning anew with the renewed budget billing plan you have been faithfully paying for for years with repeated empty tank episodes.............................................................

Uh HUH.

Thats when you do what I did.....Tell them to come get their tank out of your yard. Then you heat 100% with wood and Laugh everytime the fuel truck drives right past your house on his way to the neighbors house :), Pull out your wallet and smile at the cash you have left.....

Great weekend

Been to the bar for 4 hrs. come home to a warm fire.
DOrn8l.jpg
Cut wood tomorrrow, morn. Shoot pheasants tomorrow a noon. Friends, beer tomorrow pm.

Thats when you do what I did.....Tell them to come get their tank out of your yard. Then you heat 100% with wood and Laugh everytime the fuel truck drives right past your house on his way to the neighbors house :), Pull out your wallet and smile at the cash you have left.....

DITTO!! lol also, when the power goes out, you sit Warm and Snuggly in your home while others scramble to dig out the generators and wire them to their furnaces!

Muhaha, behold the power of renewable Resources! WOOT! :biggrinbounce2:

DITTO!! lol also, when the power goes out, you sit Warm and Snuggly in your home while others scramble to dig out the generators and wire them to their furnaces!

Muhaha, behold the power of renewable Resources! WOOT! :biggrinbounce2:

but think of all the LIVE trees we are killing!!!!! NOT!!!!!!!:laugh:

Hope you are not dealing with Suburban as a fuel supplier.

Once our OWB was in place, I was one happy camper to give them the call to come get their 500 gallon tank. After 18 yrs doing business with them, and being frustrated many a time, I was so glad to see them gone. We just use 2 one hundred pound propane tanks now for the cookstove. One hooked up, and one ready to go. Last tank lasted almost 10 months.

i like my oil burner:hmm3grin2orange:
also like my wood stove. problem is, on my shcedual, i can't rely on just the stove. it would be long out and cold by the time i get home. i use the oiler during the day when i'm at work or away from home (which is alot these days), and use the stove when i'm home. been with ultramar for about 14-15 years with ZERO problems. they seem to take pretty good care of me. no matter what time or day i call if i have a problem, they do their best to make me happy. i'm sure there are people with them that have had less than satisfactory experiences with them but that's the same with any company.

also have a whitfield pellet stove, love it. but that's a different story all together;)

You wouldn't have that problem is I was your hauler. I don't have many that heat with oil, though. Some that do let me cut wood on their land.:chainsawguy:

I'm kinda lookin' forward to when the weather gets cold enough to get that stove hot enough to cook a big pot of beans.

It's been about 2 years and 4 months since I've had my propane tank filled and I think I've still got about 65% left. I've used about 75 gallons and most of that has been used for the gas cook stove.

Back