You may have f.a.d. If.............

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Davej_07

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Ok guys, I know eveeryone out there will have a few of their own so lets hear em....

If you take a clean pocket tshirt from the drawer and the pocket still has saw chips in it......you may have FAD.....(this happened to me today lol)

If your vehicle, at any given time, has at least one piece of scrounged wood,you may have FAD....

I'M looking forward to hearing what eve one comes up with..

Dave

I understand the concept of F.A.D. but what does it stand for?

I think I may have it because I always having to go the the laundry room to find my chain tools and files that i leave in my jean pockets and my wife has to remove them before they ruin the washer.

when you pull your money out of your pocket at the store and there is more chips and bark in your pocket as money BILL

You don't have to buy "mulch" for the landscaping in your yard because you have a huge pile of sawdust, noodles and splitter trash.

True story. I run mine through the troybilt chipper first, anything that couldn't be considered kindling.

You see an article on Radiation Detectors, and your first thought is, "Hey, they're the same color as LogRite tools!"

g12c000000000000000c83003ac7ef4f4c2f8f5130d87687ac7ab4a150b.jpg
Plainfield company supplying radiation detectors to Japan - Norwich, CT - Norwich Bulletin

What is about Connecticut and that shade of blue that's not in God's box of crayons? The above are made about 5 miles as the crow flies from my house, the LogRite tools 35.

If you hang out in this room, and you don't have a fireplace or wood burner at home.I want but really don't need a small woodstove here at the beach house, but i did luck into a Atlanta Stove Works #27 that I could put in, but just don't have room or need. We just don't use that much heat here.

So it sits at the ranch and one day will heat the Woodsmoke Lounge.

Got a 37 ton Splitter, lots of Trees, and I

HAVE EVERY SYMPTOM YOU GUYS HAVE LISTED ALREADY.

If your neighbor stops by to let you know that he has the tire fixed on his spitter and will bring it down tomorrow! :blob2:
It's a big TW type, adjustable 4 way, log lift and twin elec start Honda :D
I may shoot some video later this morning (looking forward to it)

Also it you pester your buddy who runs a log yard for his cutoffs!
He loads them for me with his cherry picker too.
Wood is Good :hmm3grin2orange::rock:

For the second poster, f.a.d. Is firewood acquisition disorder.........the fact that even though you have several years worth stacked and stored, you just can't stop getting more:)
Dave

Some subjects here have a rare mutation of the disease, its not the kill, its the thrill of the chase.

There are those that use the disease to manifest other problems as well.

CAD.

Tractor AD
Utility vehicle AD
Backyard Engineering AD
Heavy Equipment AD
Showing off the wife in her Sexy Carharts AD (do we do that here?)

Really, thats the problem- Its a gateway disease.

Now, quit posting about it or every nerd will want to join and it will ruin everything.

if your lawn has more piles of logs showing than grass, you might have fad.
if you get caught daydreaming about cutting wood, you might have fad.

if you get arrested for ridding your neighborhood of every standing tree, you definitely have fad.

You carry a chainsaw in your truck every day, just in case.

I'll one-up ya. I have a scrench with thousands of miles on it riding in one of the hitch holes in the back bumper. Keeps it where I can find one when needed. I may have hundreds of the dang things, but always seem to be one short when needed. At least I know where ONE is.

176538d1300510267-half-ton-scrench-holder-jpg

Some subjects here have a rare mutation of the disease, its not the kill, its the thrill of the chase.

There are those that use the disease to manifest other problems as well.

CAD.

Tractor AD
Utility vehicle AD
Backyard Engineering AD
Heavy Equipment AD
Showing off the wife in her Sexy Carharts AD (do we do that here?)

Really, thats the problem- Its a gateway disease.

Now, quit posting about it or every nerd will want to join and it will ruin everything.

Not normally, but if you're offering, I think we could make an exception....:msp_thumbsup:

Geez, I have all of that

chips in the trouser cuffs and shirt pockets, drive around gawking at what I know are nice stashes of wood hanging out close to the road, when I go walking with the dogs in the woods I grab branches I can drag and drag them to the dirt road for later retrieval (I call that my "bonus wood"), I just cleared another little area for more stacking space in the yard..meh

I do that with other thing too, like jars, I must keep jars to put "stuff" in.. Old equipment parts..I'll either need a part or eventually tear them down for better scrap prices...

I think I know what it is with the wood though. Last place I lived they had a nice woodshed, way in the back was some real clean ultra seasoned wood was fifteen years old according to the owner. Just amazing, no rot to it, light weight, burnt like coal. Clanged like metal rods. *Me want* that eventually, for when I am a real old geezer and can't 'cut the mustard' so much anymore, still would like to have all my "retirement" wood cut and stacked..

Back