You meet some of the nicest people.....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will have to admit as to what is said about people this year:confused: I have worked with the public for over 20 years now in the automotive field. When I get a nice customer I go the extra mile the next time and for some reason people can not afford the repairs but they can afford a cake or cookies and that makes me feel warm inside (and FAT...LOL).

Alittle goes a real long way in these times. Besides word of mouth advertising goes better then paid advertising:cheers:

I will have to admit as to what is said about people this year:confused: I have worked with the public for over 20 years now in the automotive field. When I get a nice customer I go the extra mile the next time and for some reason people can not afford the repairs but they can afford a cake or cookies and that makes me feel warm inside (and FAT...LOL).

Alittle goes a real long way in these times. Besides word of mouth advertising goes better then paid advertising:cheers:

How many batches of cookies to rebuild my transfer case?:)

Just kidding man, I respect your good attitude towards folks who dont have a lot of cash. I have on many occasions done tree jobs for folks with just a little cash and a warm meal at lunch time.
Took some heat on these boards for admitting it,if I recall right!

Hey, wait a min...Avalanche has his faults.........he is a HUSKY guy. But i can overlook that {cough}{cough}:hmm3grin2orange:

RD

Avalancher I always look forward to hearing some of your human interest stories. Keep up the good work.:cheers:

:agree2:

Tried to rep ya...I guess I've handed out to much today.

Kevin

Last edited:
Over the years I met some really great people while delivering firewood, but I will have to say this year takes the cake.
A tip once in awhile for showing up after dark, stacking for someone that is not able is not out of the ordinary for me, but this year I have had more tips than any other year. With the hard times it really makes you wonder. Last week I made 45 bucks in tips alone, and none of it was for stacking or anything out of the usual.
Some folks tipped for showing up after a last minute call, they called and I showed up within the hour. Some tipped because they were glad to get dry wood for a change.Bought from some other dealer and got wet wood.
On Sunday I delivered 3 ricks to a guy that looked like he didnt have a lot. After unloading he paid me and after I counted it and came up with an extra 20 bucks. I handed it back, but he insisted that I keep it as a tip. After a bit of arguing, I handed it to his wife who came out for some of the wood when he wasnt looking.Gave her the shush sign, grinned, and left.

Just got back from the mailbox, and got a envelope with my name and a return that I didnt recognize. Tore it open and there was a 20 dollar bill. A little note said, "Now dont start anything between a man and wife"
A quick look at my receipt book showed it came from the guy on Sunday.

I would have thought with the hard times in this county it would be just the opposite, but who can figure out how people will react to a given situation?

You're the one. :bowdown:

MERRY CHRISTMAS :cheers:

Back