You must choose one saw....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry Steve, I tried, but I just can't do it. When was it you stopped by? I got down to 12 then, I'm over 30 now, and I found an old saw shop in WV that must have 20 big old Stihls laying around the front of the shop like they are up for grabs. When I say the front, I mean outside, at the edge of the parking lot. I stopped in Monday, and of course they are closed on Monday. I'm going back up tomorrow.

I had one of Dad's 150's left in my collection, and it had a broken recoil spring. I basically only collect saws over 70CC's. I was at our local spring farm auction and they had several big Homelites and one little 150. I got the 150 for $5. Was getting ready to take the recoil off and swap it over to Dad's saw and thought, well lets see if this one runs. Cotton pickin thing ran like a champ. So I told my cousin to keep and eye out, I still needed a new recoil. He picked up another one in case with a couple extra chains for $5. Now I have 3 and still need a recoil. I bought a new spring on line, but where the original spring had a round loop on the end that locked into a matching hole, the new one had a diamond shape loop, and I can't get that rascal in the little hole. It is a nice little saw. I think I like the Super EZ's better though.
This is the one my cousin just got for me, for $5.
rRGub5c.jpg

I tell you James, you are as hot on that 7910 as I am on my Super 1050's. If there is a PA GTG this year, or you meet up at Steve's, I'm bringing the 1050 with the 45 on it.
Theres a 42" 404 bar for the 111s floating around Ben's shop if I can find it.
The 7910 got the nod because it would cover anything I'd be willing to put a saw to. Just need bars from 18 to 36:lol:

Sorry Steve, just can't do it, went up to my hunting camp yesterday. There is an old saw shop that has so many stihl carcasses they line his parking lot. I've always wanted to stop in but it's usually hunting season and no one else wants to stop. Finally stopped yesterday. He took me in a back room and I got a Blue EZ for $10, a St Claire made Super XL 925 for $10, and a 450 for $10. He said some one else had offered him $50 for the Super 1050, so I offered $40. He took the money and said he would have let the 1050 go for $10 too, but he already had the money in his pocket.
J0jcOoj.jpg

Sho2nnu.jpg

Back