"You Suck" Thread 2016--Pics required!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does getting all this for $140 count as a you suck deal?
dea09e0ccb110d9743ddf2209663c68d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
you hit the tweaker mother load.

I can't help but do the daily scan of Craigslist to see if there are any deals that need to follow me home. Today I had what appears to be a pretty decent Husqvarna 395XP that I had to go look at..... It followed me home after forking over $350 Canadian. Plus he asked me if I wanted the Snap On tool box as well - free. I said yes please! I may not suck really bad, but probably a little any way.

Attachments

• IMG_0880 395.JPG
    IMG_0880 395.JPG
    992.5 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_0881 395.JPG
    IMG_0881 395.JPG
    945.8 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_0882 395.JPG
    IMG_0882 395.JPG
    909.3 KB · Views: 77
It followed me home after forking over $350 Canadian. Plus he asked me if I wanted the Snap On tool box as well - free. I said yes please! I may not suck really bad, but probably a little any way.

You def suck. Brandonstc6's score of a whole seasons worth of stolen chainsaws is a hard act to follow

View attachment 607845View attachment 607843 View attachment 607844

Great site! I went from one chainsaw to 4 in less than three weeks because of this place.

I’d needed something a bit bigger than my Dad’s 55 Rancher.

Found this used for one tank of gas Echo 590 with all the pictured items for $200. I was happy.

Walking in Walmart yesterday I found a new in the box Poulan PL3314 for $35. Ran like crap out of the box till I did some carburetor and idle tuning. Ran two tanks of gas thru it. The POULAN came off the bar almost instantly. I can see why they get returned. Most people would be clueless on how to make adjustments. I’m surprised how well it runs. For $35 what the heck right?
Old thread but,. How well is that PL3314 Poulan holding up? Is it as light and powerful as the Echo cs310?
Do you still use it, like it?
I sold my cs310 a month ago and now have crippled my right hand. Could use a light saw with AV but only a few times a month. Maybe I could get by with a cheap Poulan? Thanks.

Old thread but,. How well is that PL3314 Poulan holding up? Is it as light and powerful as the Echo cs310?
Do you still use it, like it?
I sold my cs310 a month ago and now have crippled my right hand. Could use a light saw with AV but only a few times a month. Maybe I could get by with a cheap Poulan? Thanks.
I went back and checked , and the guy that made that post only posted once, and hasn't been seen since, I guess he was just passing through.

I went back and checked , and the guy that made that post only posted once, and hasn't been seen since, I guess he was just passing through.
Well we all know the fact is: we can't believe everything we read. My old Poulan 2150 supposedly weighs just over 9 lbs. Today I got her out, cleaned her up, gassed and oiled her up and set her on my bathroom scales. With bar and chain ready to go she tipped my (guesstimate) scales at a bit OVER 14 pounds. Since 1993 that was my light weight saw. I climbed with it. Ten years ago I was still doing finger tip push ups and cycling 20 miles 3 or 4 times a week so I could (when necessary) run her with one hand. She was so light or I was not so weak. Now, at almost 71. That saw sure has gained weight. Well next I put my new Echo 490 on the scale. With bar, chain, and ready to cut she was 14 lbs 8 ounces. Between those saws there was just a FEW ounces difference. A few days ago I got the cast off my right so was able to start my saw and cut for a few minutes with the Echo 490. That saw is such a joy. So, today I discovered, in fact, I don't need a lighter saw.
A few times ive almost regretted selling my Echo cs310 ,,,BUT, compared to my 490 that 30cc saw is WAY to small, weak, and slow for me. I worked a little bit today, bucked a few downers and that 490 never bogged in the hole. She gets serious about her work. I really think my right hand is going to heal up fine and the torn muscle in the left arm is better enough starting my saws was easy. I think I'll be back working hard by this fall. Every year on my birthday I do a few finger tip push ups for my Grandsons. Maybe, this summer, at 71, I'll be able to do a couple more. When I'm no longer able to work with my equipment I'll be ready to die. It was exciting the way that new 490 threw chips today. I did some retuning on the needle valves. The 490 and the 590 should do everything I need done but the Sthils may get a little use some. Someone once said, if you need less than a 50 cc saw for limbing you may need to retire. Well Eagles don't retire, we just drop from the sky one day and our time is done. Until then let those chainsaws make the music that thrills the woodsman. I'm still part of the band and my Chainsaw is my joyful instrument. Blessings

Back