"You Suck" Thread 2018--Pics required!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like i'm coming out of my suckage slump....
I was looking for a Homelite 925 to hang with my XL-901 and Super XL when I spotted this 955VI saw with a 28" bar for sale and priced at only $100.
It was several hundred miles away and the owner wouldn't ship and didn't have a PayPal account.
Lucky for me I have a friend living only 15 miles away from the saw and he drove over and picked it up for me. What a guy!

Homelite 955VIa.jpg
Homelite955VIb.jpg

Homelite955VIc.jpg

When it rains ...... it sucks.
Having coffee today with friends and mentioned my snag of the Homelite 955VI. This was followed by a comment that I have an old red Swedish saw with a long bar in my junk pile, "Do you want it? It's free."
So I drove over to his house and picked up this Johnny 90 with a 32" Oregon 404 bar. Got it home and cleaned it up a little. Checked the compression, 170 psi. Thankfully it has a compression release to make starting easier.
The plug deposits looked reasonable, so I checked for a spark. Zip....Nada...No joy. Swapped the plug, and still no joy. Removed the air cleaner cover and the filter was clean. Another good sign.
Hopefully I can solve the spark issue and locate something that will work to replace the rubber AV mounts. If all that happens and I get it running, I'll give it a fresh paint job.
Any leads for a new coil for this saw would be greatly appreciated.
DSCN5518.JPG DSCN5517.JPG

so every couple months i post an add on craigslist for unwanted or broke down saws. Well had a guy message me and tell me he had a Husqvarna he would sell for $50. It was his Old firewood saw and it quite running on him so he went and bought a new stihl to replace it. I went out to his place and he had it all set out for me to look at. when looked at what he had sitting on his tailgate I had to hide my excitement. Turns out his "old" firewood saw was a Non-Xtorq Husqvarna 372xpw. I picked it up and it felt like it had amazing compression. Gave the man $50 jumped in the truck and went straight home. pulled muffler and piston looked almost brand new. did compression test 160 psi, did a spark test, had no spark. I just so happened to have a OEM blue coil on the bench from a different 372 i had just put an unlimited coil on, put the coil on saw fired in 3 pulls. So yea i now have a Husky 372xpw (factory 75cc) saw that i paid $50 for

Hell of a saw for $50, so yeah, you suck on this one for sure

I guess since I have the early stages of CAD I better join the you suck thread.

Been a good couple of months for me.

My neighbor gave me his ms260 pro that had been sitting unused for about 4 or 5 years. ..He said he didn't need it anymore. I installed a new piston and rings and did a carb kit. Got about $50 into it..

Its minty minty.
KTx4zyO.jpg

that is one of the best saws Stihl ever made in my opinion

I've put about 15 tanks through it now mostly limbing and bucking smaller stuff under 14". Finally did some felling with it on Saturday morning.

Took down 5 or 6 100' pines with it.

With the 18" bar and a sharp chain it makes quick work of most trees I encounter. I find it's not the gruntiest saw but you dont ahve to make it scream to get power out of it.

I find its weight to be super light when walking in the Bush compared to my 038 magnum.

And it starts 1 pull warm and 2 to 3 pulls cold. Really is a great saw, the more I use it the more I like it.

20180510_185046.jpg
Yet another "burned up" saw from my local honey hole shop. I don't think anymore sawdust could have physically fit between the inlet screen and metering diaphragm. I probably didn't need to kit the carb once I discovered that, but the pump diaphragm was a little tired and puckered looking and I was already in there. A quick re-tune and this little clammy is ready to throw chips again.

Another one for this years you suck!! Neighbor just gave me this one, all it needs is a wrap handle and a chain brake handle. Said he dropped it out of a tree and couldn’t get it to start after. Looked it over and when it fell the shock must have knocked the throttle linkage out of place. Tore the carb off put it back fires right up

Attachments

• C13ABC47-9B8A-4BA6-824C-296DC379077E.jpeg
    C13ABC47-9B8A-4BA6-824C-296DC379077E.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 59
  • C4AE7D84-0F95-4F9C-9CC0-F07B5038C2C8.jpeg
    C4AE7D84-0F95-4F9C-9CC0-F07B5038C2C8.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 55
  • 7AE70039-845C-4927-8263-CC0249017D3A.jpeg
    7AE70039-845C-4927-8263-CC0249017D3A.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 52
The old man was asking me for help to pick a chainsaw out of a pawn shop. He was looking at what was clearly a Stihl MS250, and this "orange thing." I thought it was a 266/268 from his first pictures (metal brake).

Ended up coming home with a '97 272XP with extremely clean insides for $100.

Only needed a new recoil handle, arguably a new chainbrake assembly & handle.

Q9DkCm2.jpg

Another one for this years you suck!! Neighbor just gave me this one, all it needs is a wrap handle and a chain brake handle. Said he dropped it out of a tree and couldn’t get it to start after. Looked it over and when it fell the shock must have knocked the throttle linkage out of place. Tore the carb off put it back fires right up
Wow 261 v2 for free with only that little work needed. Heck of a deal.

Back