"You Suck" Thread 2018--Pics required!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You’ll like all orange better than orange and white.:)
Haha idk about that. The 298 is sweet. I have cut a lot with it. It has a 28" on it. I need a bar for the 281. It looks like they are .058 guage. I need to pick some up. All my Stihl s are 050

Nothing says "you suck" like wood screws in a 288xp lid. It's how I got it and have yet to come up with a way to doll it up, other then putting locating pins in the fudged holes and using industrial orange velcro.

If you are the responsible party, you really do SUCK!

Attachments

• 20180829_204434.jpg
    20180829_204434.jpg
    581.3 KB · Views: 62
I've always wanted one of those but was never able to get one.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

We still get them brand new here. I've just sent some to TN and they may be available if you are interested. PM me if you want the contact info.

Nothing says "you suck" like wood screws in a 288xp lid. It's how I got it and have yet to come up with a way to doll it up, other then putting locating pins in the fudged holes and using industrial orange velcro.

If you are the responsible party, you really do SUCK!

I have a 372XP that suffered similar carnage.
I re-tapped the damaged hole to 5/16-18 then cut a short piece of 5/16"-18 rod and machined a 5mm-0.80 hole in the center. A little locktite to hold it in place and it 100% functional.

I have a 372XP that suffered similar carnage.
I re-tapped the damaged hole to 5/16-18 then cut a short piece of 5/16"-18 rod and machined a 5mm-0.80 hole in the center. A little locktite to hold it in place and it 100% functional.
I was going to try something simular, but when I took the massive wood screws out I realized there was no meat on either side.

I think this is a sucky deal

$150 CAD with 28" Techlite bar and chain that haven't been in wood.. It was advertised as needing a new top end, buddy took delivery of it and said it fired up on the first pull but needs a little more fuel, says it looks like it hasn't done a full day's work yet
View attachment 665146

Then some freebies you may have seen from other threads
Wright.. Seized solid but it will live again!
View attachment 665147

Remington/Mall Logmaster GL7.. Needs muffler and air filter, and the clutch is sticky, runs though
View attachment 665148

Don't have pics, but have a McCullough 33 and 47, both are going to need serious work I think but they're complete
wow!

It’s been a while since I’ve been here guys. My saw addiction had to take a back burner when my son (our first) was born a year ago. When I stumbled across this at a yard sale, I was immediately reminded that my addiction is alive and well. Oh, and the fact that I bought it for $10 helped too... [emoji16]

Now if I can only find the parts I need...

2101xp

1e7d76b73183e5b4a0d8efc937af86a8.jpg

516a3c157757d3a7cd752f36b5e7bf22.jpg

172d644fd5e1324f29a287720dc4560b.jpg

9786b291aa44e43a205f3331bc74e51c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

i have ugly running project here. 2100cd. no brake, or top covers, but everything else. blows 160. starter is not great lookin, but works, painted black. you'd still need a nice cover.
would like it to all go, as i wouldnt have much use for what be left.
dont have pics, but muff has no dents, auto oil works, no broke fins on jug.
open to offers on what ya need or whole thing.
can get pics if you need.

PM inbound

i have ugly running project here. 2100cd. no brake, or top covers, but everything else. blows 160. starter is not great lookin, but works, painted black. you'd still need a nice cover.
would like it to all go, as i wouldnt have much use for what be left.
dont have pics, but muff has no dents, auto oil works, no broke fins on jug.
open to offers on what ya need or whole thing.
can get pics if you need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back