"You Suck" Thread 2018--Pics required!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wife told her ex- husband to finish getting his stuff out of the garage, he didn’t listen. I put a new bar&chain on it. My total investment is $60. Firewood season is soon approaching so I’m flipping it, I hate the front mount chain tensioning.

Attachments

• 97F70D90-BA62-4C34-A827-12E21B898E65.jpeg
    97F70D90-BA62-4C34-A827-12E21B898E65.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 139
  • 548E01AB-6A75-4934-9044-668A55244B95.jpeg
    548E01AB-6A75-4934-9044-668A55244B95.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 136
  • 220B7D9C-835D-494F-BE1E-D6822D87D002.jpeg
    220B7D9C-835D-494F-BE1E-D6822D87D002.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 115
Wife told her ex- husband to finish getting his stuff out of the garage, he didn’t listen. I put a new bar&chain on it. My total investment is $60. Firewood season is soon approaching so I’m flipping it, I hate the front mount chain tensioning.
Saw doesn't look like it was used much. It looks good with that Forester bar.

Saw doesn't look like it was used much. It looks good with that Forester bar.
It’s clean, just needed a good cleaning. Didn’t put compression tester on it but it’s good when you fire her up. If it doesn’t sell I really won’t mind keeping it. I think I’m gonna start taking before/after cleaning pics. Amazing how much difference the appearance makes. Sold a 490 last year that was 2-3 years old. Guy is looking it over and says “Boy you didn’t use this much.” There’s 15 cords of splits on pallets and 4-5 cords waiting to be split behind him. Keep them clean, you get more green.

A neighbor is moving, as I had mentioned in another thread, and I had THOUGHT that he had a JD Efco 62 saw to sell me for 150.00. I had only seen the saw once about 5 years ago, when I cut it out of a tree for him when he got it stuck. To my surprise, it turned out to be a CS 71! I got it today and cleaned it up. Runs great! I'm very happy with it. MVC-006F.JPG MVC-006F.JPG

Attachments

• MVC-007F.JPG
    MVC-007F.JPG
    128.1 KB · Views: 20
All, good morning. I picked up this Super 1050 a few weeks ago. I posted the find in the Homelite Thread, but thought I'd share here. I found this locally here in the Richmond area. It came with a 24" bar with a .404 chain and they're in good condition. It runs really well, and I may put the 42" bar from my Homelite 750 on it to see how it would perform. I really love the inventory tag on the air cleaner cover. See the extra hole? Oh well! These saws are still out there, you just have to put in the time, effort, and energy to find them. I simply got lucky. Lastly, I have a NOS piston, rings, and clips along with a NOS gasket for this beast should it ever need them and I might mount a full wrap if I can find one. Best, and have a great week. Max.
Max, I saw your post a few weeks back. I'm not sure if the 750 bar will work on the 1050. I thought the 750 had the same bar as the 650, which is the pattern 14 bar. The 1050 is a pattern 16 bar, I just bought a 45" Oregon for one of my Super 1050's. But, I've been wrong before.

Hey Joe! Well, I haven't tried it yet, but it wouldn't surprise me. Not too long ago I tried mounting a bar from my Homelite 8800 onto the 750 and no joy. Bars and chains are a weak point for me, especially when it comes to sharpening. Come to think of it, I'm not good at replacing recoil springs either. I appreciate the advice and will let you know what happens. Thanks very much, Max.

ive been out of action for a bit but im back. came across a few saws last week. two for free nd one for 5 bucks. all were described as dont work. the mac neded fresh fuel and someone who knew how to adjust carb settings. the stihl was the same. the homelite same but also had parts broken. sprocket was run so worn it shattered. jammed up the tensioner and bent the screw. i had extra parts on hand so its fine now. they are all running well. homelite.jpg mac2.jpg homelite sprocket.jpg stihl.jpg mac1.jpg

If anybody wants to host the pic and post it that would be GREAT! Otherwise, I aint got that part figured out yet. I ran across the motherload of YOU SUCK today! A logger in the area recently died of cancer and his wife just wanted all this saw stuff gone. For FREE! I gladly took it off her hands but I suspect I will go back and give her something for them once I dig through them and see whats fixable reasonably. ANYWAY, I left there with a total of 11 saws, 2 390xps, 1 371xp, 3 jonsereds, not sure of sizes, 1 355? husky, and 5 562xps! The 1st 390 I examined when I got them home and did a complete tear down on only appears to need the dang starter housing and a fuel tank which was in the pile of parts! I will put a set of rings in it just since IM there already but I fully expect for $50 bucks or so to have this one up and cutting timber. The next 390 will need a flywheel side crankcase, bearings, seals, and a fuel tank but still that's only 200 bucks or so on that one! I haven't looked at the 371 much except to see that its all there. The johnny reds and the 562s I know nothing about but with as many 562s as there are I expect to build at least one without buying anything!

If anybody wants to host the pic and post it that would be GREAT! Otherwise, I aint got that part figured out yet. I ran across the motherload of YOU SUCK today! A logger in the area recently died of cancer and his wife just wanted all this saw stuff gone. For FREE! I gladly took it off her hands but I suspect I will go back and give her something for them once I dig through them and see whats fixable reasonably. ANYWAY, I left there with a total of 11 saws, 2 390xps, 1 371xp, 3 jonsereds, not sure of sizes, 1 355? husky, and 5 562xps! The 1st 390 I examined when I got them home and did a complete tear down on only appears to need the dang starter housing and a fuel tank which was in the pile of parts! I will put a set of rings in it just since IM there already but I fully expect for $50 bucks or so to have this one up and cutting timber. The next 390 will need a flywheel side crankcase, bearings, seals, and a fuel tank but still that's only 200 bucks or so on that one! I haven't looked at the 371 much except to see that its all there. The johnny reds and the 562s I know nothing about but with as many 562s as there are I expect to build at least one without buying anything!

YOU SUCK. SO VERY MUCH.... Wanna sell me a 562 for $100? ;)

Just another nice saw...

s-l1200.webp

not quite worth a whole new thread to clutter up the screen of the glitterati here...

I did my due diligence doh, and since ain't nobody has done posted this comment in a couple-three years or so, so

I was having a right enjoyable time doing some 12 oz. curls last night when another fine gentleman, many stools farther on down the bar from me, and someone I don't know as I am presently away from home a fur peace, was presented with a brand new custom made T-shirt for his help of someones, for somethin (I suspect said help might could've involved the operatin' of a powerful sharp chainsaw). We all cheered. The T-shirt proudly stated:

"SAWDUST IS MAN GLITTER"

I was quite looking forward to purchasing some fine people some fine beverages in hopes of illuminatin' the story behind such a fine looking T-shirt. But shortly thereafterwards, the power done went out, and, well, chainsaws prolly had to be assembled for duty. But way up dere in da Northwoods, eh, da locals are pretty handy with dem saws and I learned a long time ago that the best way I can help the local peeps is to just stay the hell out of their way, less of course their saws happen ta break or sometin'.

But I thought y'alls might enjoy an appropriate comeback for anyone and everyone who throws side-eye shade your way when you happen to end up out and about, in public, still covered with glitter, which happens to me right offen.

Back