"You Suck" Thread 2018--Pics required!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I'm playing this game correctly. Here is my $75 pickup. It wasn't running at all when I got it. Fuel tank was full of saw dust, fuel filter non existent, carb full of crap. Cleaned the fuel tank and the carb, put a fuel filter on it, and now it runs and cuts like a beast. I believe it's a MS360 Pro (the side cover is worn off), the guy that had it said it was a 360. I need to call the dealer and verify it for myself, just haven't had time. She's not the prettiest, but can definitely get the job done.

20180113_182959-1008x756.jpg

20180113_183015-1008x756.jpg

I think I'm playing this game correctly. Here is my $75 pickup. It wasn't running at all when I got it. Fuel tank was full of saw dust, fuel filter non existent, carb full of crap. Cleaned the fuel tank and the carb, put a fuel filter on it, and now it runs and cuts like a beast. I believe it's a MS360 Pro (the side cover is worn off), the guy that had it said it was a 360. I need to call the dealer and verify it for myself, just haven't had time. She's not the prettiest, but can definitely get the job done.
Yeah, you suck!

My neighbor was cleaning out his shop, and asked if I would help. He gave me this 044 powerhead as a surprise payment. He said it was running rough and he'd partially disassembled it years ago, and never got around to finishing the job. He's upgraded saws twice and wasn't likely to ever put the time or money into the old 044.

I rebuilt the carb, replaced a couple missing bits, and she runs great. I've got about $35 in it :)

[photo=medium]4949[/photo][photo=medium]4950[/photo]

If you like a 4” Wards, you will love a 5”.
ec46818c0f1737f682d2abd404ec6283.jpg

i have a homelite c9 and a remington super 754 as far as bigger saws(havent made the super run yet tho). i just won an auction for a wards 3.1(sl-10 i think). if i get the chance to pick up a 5.0 im sure ill take it. a wards 3.6 was my first vintage saw. i wish i hadnt sold it when i had to move.

26230921_10159878662240720_3881796024551367836_n.jpg
26733618_10159878662210720_8621735009265630046_n.jpg

my new remington made for montgomery ward. 20 inch roller nose bar(i think its really a 18 inch bar with a long chain, seller may have not known) 78 shipped from ebay. i cant wait to go play with it in the morning.
I hade the same colored Remington saw years ago with an odd serial number. I later found out that it was a pretty rare run of saws that Remington made to sell at Cub Cadet dealers. Yours might be one that went back to the factory and was restickered.

I hade the same colored Remington saw years ago with an odd serial number. I later found out that it was a pretty rare run of saws that Remington made to sell at Cub Cadet dealers. Yours might be one that went back to the factory and was restickered.
how would i research that? there are small differences. for example, this has no compression release. the sl-11a(what i thought the montgomery wards 4.0 was supposed to be) has a compression release.

I have one John Deere 23 that was a red SL-55 repainted for Deere. Likely a factory inventory shortfall.

how would i research that? there are small differences. for example, this has no compression release. the sl-11a(what i thought the montgomery wards 4.0 was supposed to be) has a compression release.
I wouldn't have any idea. I found this out after I sold the saw. I was at a GTG and there was a guy there that used to own a hardware store that sold Remingtons. I told him about that yellow un named Remington. I Remembered it had a real low serial number. He told me that story about Cub Cadet. He said that it probably was re stickered and the stickers fell off. There was red paint under the yellow.

This guy was real familiar with Remingtons. He said they had a very informal distribution process. They would take unsold saws back and re sell and apparently repaint. I guess there was a real good factory Rep in Western Pa. because there used to be lots of Remingtons around this way.

Just a little suck to report. A Poulan 3700 in Sears Red for $20 was yesterday's find.
About 150 psi of compression and a clean cylinder and fuel tank.
Looks like she was an alcoholic. She runs fine drinking ethanol-free premium @ 40:1 down her throat, but won't pull a drop from the tank.
Ordered a carb kit to see if I can get her out of rehab.
DSCN5456.JPG DSCN5455.JPG

Sounds like a score to me..18-20" banana tip?? Sorry about the E-10 poison. Hope the carb kit gets you back up for a home run.... fuel lines?
I really like that family of saw. :happybanana:
:cheers:
Yep, she's wearing a banana tip bar.
Good call on the fuel line. :angry: I pulled the plastic top cover and found what appeared to be a quantum tunneling fuel line. Since this type of fuel line won't be available to the public until after 2050, I concluded that it was an old style fuel line that became old, brittle, and broken. I'll put a new fuel line on the saw tomorrow and see how it runs.

ok, i never knew what that tip was called till now. i was just refering to it as asymmetrical bar. but, what is its purpose? what advantage does it bring to the table?

Latest posts

Back