"You Suck" Thread 2018--Pics required!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now that I have removed the dust from storage, it's time to share this 50 year old 77cc saw reed valve Homelite XL-901 I picked up for $70:
DSCN5473.JPG DSCN5474.JPG DSCN5475.JPG
She's been to a few dances, but the compression is running about 135 psi, the piston skirt and cylinder are spotless, and roars to life in 5 pulls.

that 20 dollar mcculloch eager beaver 3.7 is at 74 dollars now. carb was missing parts. got a spare carb off ebay and it was missing part a too. ended up making the missing part out of a golf ball place holder. (that dumb plastic disk inside the zama c2s carb). but, now, if the fuel doesnt melt my golf ball marker, i have it working.

Zama parts?

Billiou's / CTE+
Porterville, CA
(800) 245-5468

My 3 C1S carbs in the homelite 330 have this:
0025007 Disk $ 0.54 / ea. 10
All 3 are different UT# and still have the same carb

Maybe you have it licked?

Picked up this trimmer off CL. IMG_2575.JPG
Expecting to have to do a carb rebuild. Owner said it sat for three years. I thought "Alright. Probably stored with a full tank and everything's gonna be gunky. New plug, new fuel line,new carb kit and it's worth it" so I grabbed it. Turned out he drained the gas and cleared the lines before he stored it! Good man! Filled her with gas and about 5 pulls later...IMG_2572.JPGIMG_2573.JPG IMG_2574.JPGGrass was about 2 feet tall in most of those spots. He also gave me one of those heavy duty metal carts for around the house. Pretty nice score!

Picked up a 2002 066 from a co workers father in law he had sitting around. $100 for the saw only. 158psi and a beautiful piston and cylinder. Was missing the brake handle and 1 felling dog, clutch and brake band were shot. Started on 3rd pull. Pressure tested good. I cleaned it up, replaced all the rubber goods, filters, plug and carb kit just for good measure. For about $250 bucks I have one heck of a good stihl imo.

Dolmar update... Filthy inside, strange things going on with the choke, and on off switch replaced, looks lik a part of the housing snapped off...

That on/off switch is what we call a "patenta". I've looked at a couple of these saws here in Greece, but the guys are asking like new prices for them.

That on/off switch is what we call a "patenta". I've looked at a couple of these saws here in Greece, but the guys are asking like new prices for them.

I picked up a Homelite XL2 body with the switch in it... whaddaya know! The shoe fits! Even has on and off written in the right place... More pdates on the Dolmar soon, in it's own thread ... :chainsaw:

9C2583B4-B275-4B44-AA28-C915654BFC2F.jpeg 9CD99AA7-1511-4C58-83DB-BC867DB436BD.jpeg
Older guy came and bought a lighter saw cause his old Stihl was too heavy.
Think he was torn between a Cs-310 and a ms170, he bought the Cs-310 cause I gave him 2 extra chains with it .

He showed up a month later to have this saw disposed of .

I added aspen fuel, bar oil and it fired right up .
Most likely just a shelf queen, looks like parts are getting scarce?

I am doing ok man ready for spring so i can make some money winter was hard with my part time job falling through and we only got one snow ...
So it's official 2018 has sucked lol.
Here's a picture I took a few year ago running to get a good deal on a 361, not a you suck deal, but a good deal none the less.
Wrong yr, but I think you all suck LOL.
Screen Shot 2018-02-22 at 8.45.47 AM.png

old 029 super farm boss dad traded me for beer.
got some much needed love put into her this week. New bar, Porting ,Muffler mod ,clutch cover, spikes . It's now the farm hoss

Attachments

• KIMG0918~2.JPG
    KIMG0918~2.JPG
    706.5 KB · Views: 37

Latest posts

Back