"You Suck" Thread 2019--Pics required!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Like the axes too. Got a few old heads here that I need to clean up and rehaft.
My favorite maul is a newer one with a fiberglass handle. Light Enough to not tire out an old fat guy, but still has enough weight to get the job done. I know, not an antique, but works really well. Way better than the sledge and wedges I grew up on.

+1 what Lord chin chin said on the Promac 850 goinwheelin. You Sir have the greatest vacuum here that I have seen so far! A running PM850 for $25? Someone has a horeshoe lodged in their posterior. Hope it doesnt fall out. VERY nice score sir. Jealous.

+1 what Lord chin chin said on the Promac 850 goinwheelin. You Sir have the greatest vacuum here that I have seen so far! A running PM850 for $25? Someone has a horeshoe lodged in their posterior. Hope it doesnt fall out. VERY nice score sir. Jealous.
I’ve gone from one saw to 6 since October 12th and it all started with that Mac. Lol.

Not sure if this is a you suck or sucked in...

20191025_191633.jpg

A colleague gave me what was a complete running stihl 032av that was disassembled to replace the sprocket.

He is sure the rest is there somewhere...

At least the P&C look ok. Tired but not scored. If the handle/topcover assembly turns up it may be a fun project.

Not sure if this is a you suck or sucked in...

View attachment 768304

A colleague gave me what was a complete running stihl 032av that was disassembled to replace the sprocket.

He is sure the rest is there somewhere...

At least the P&C look ok. Tired but not scored. If the handle/topcover assembly turns up it may be a fun project.
Looks like he tried to get to the sprocket from the wrong side lol.

Good score if the rest of it shows up. Heck even if the rest doesn't show, you got a bunch of free parts ;)

I saw an older add for a job lot of older tools including a saw on facebook during the week.

I ummed an ahhed about getting another project etc, did a little reading and put it off till this morning when i messaged the guy asking if he would sell the saw seperately and how much.

Screenshot_20191102-134954.png
(pic taken after he had changed the add.)

He messages me back just before midday saying he forgot the add was still up, he took it all to the tip on tuesday, it might have ended up in the tip shop. (A shop that collects the still usable stuff and resells it)

It just so happens that one of my jobs for the weekend was to do a tip run and the tip opened at 12.

Is this meant to be???

I didn't wait to unload the trailer first, straight to the tip shop... i walk in and have a quick look, can't see it, I'll ask the lady that runs the place.
I find her and am about to ask... when i look left and there it is... how much? $20... DONE! and i wipped out the card so fast i nearly ripped the pocket off my pants.

20191102_134742.jpg

20191102_134806.jpg

20191102_134821.jpg

20191102_134849.jpg

I gave the grot a quick rub to see what the paint was like underneath... and writing shows up!

20191102_140223.jpg

Overall i think it will clean up very nicely.

It will hang on the starter cord. The sprocket looks good. The fuel line in the tank feels like jelly but that was expected.

The fuel cap has vanished between being photographed for the add and me getting it at the tip shop, plus it needs a replacement oil cap, but I'm still very happy.

Any idea when it was made?

What exactly makes this a Super XL-12 Automatic not a SXL-AO etc?

Thanks.
Henry.

Btw a month or so ago i had no chainsaws. Then i was given one... Now i have gotten 3 more (all older projects) in the last two weeks. Is this CAD?

I saw an older add for a job lot of older tools including a saw on facebook during the week.

I ummed an ahhed about getting another project etc, did a little reading and put it off till this morning when i messaged the guy asking if he would sell the saw seperately and how much.

View attachment 770005

He messages me back just before midday saying he forgot the add was still up, he took it all to the tip on tuesday, it might have ended up in the tip shop. (A shop that collects the still usable stuff and resells it)

It just so happens that one of my jobs for the weekend was to do a tip run and the tip opened at 12.

Is this meant to be???

I didn't wait to unload the trailer first, straight to the tip shop... i walk in and have a quick look, can't see it, I'll ask the lady that runs the place.
I find her and am about to ask... when i look left and there it is... how much? $20... DONE! and i wipped out the card so fast i nearly ripped the pocket off my pants.

View attachment 770006

View attachment 770007

View attachment 770010

View attachment 770008

I gave the grot a quick rub to see what the paint was like underneath... and writing shows up!

View attachment 770009

It will hang on the starter cord. The sprocket looks good. The fuel line in the tank feels like jelly but that was expected.

The fuel cap has vanished between being photographed for the add and me getting it at the tip shop, plus it needs a replacement oil cap, but I'm still very happy.

Thanks.
Henry.

Btw a month or so ago i had no chainsaws. Then i was given one... Now i have gotten 3 more (all older projects) in the last two weeks. Is this CAD?
No but with any luck full blown CAD is fast approaching...[emoji28][emoji1787][emoji23]

View attachment 770005

Is this meant to be???

View attachment 770006

View attachment 770007

View attachment 770010

View attachment 770008

View attachment 770009

Thanks.
Henry.

It’s only the beginning...

Even at the height of my former collection I was about 30 saws...and those are rookie numbers around here. I do have some projects laying around if you need more lol

View attachment 770005

Is this meant to be???

View attachment 770006

View attachment 770007

View attachment 770010

View attachment 770008

View attachment 770009

Thanks.
Henry.

Nice grab , I have one and these saws run great! Usually have the fantastic tilloson carburetor.

I'll try to get some more pics in the morning.

For now here is one after i gave it a rough clean this afternoon... i told myself i wouldn't touch it till I'd finished my current saw, i couldn't resist.

20191102_183241.jpg

20191102_183158.jpg

I must say I'm really happy with how it turned out bar discovering the artwork isn't 100% stable in kerosene (paraffin)

Well at least the o-ring for the fuel cap is still on it[emoji106] let me check but I might have an extra laying around. My Super XL-12AO has this fuel cap as does my other one, this is a spare if you'd like it.
Homelite collector in training [emoji879]
edc8c9dbc4bbe2a2eb46bf5f558dc551.jpg
595afc1c222eb299a162d2fc64ba7121.jpg

I'll try to get some more pics in the morning.

For now here is one after i gave it a rough clean this afternoon... i told myself i wouldn't touch it till I'd finished my current saw, i couldn't resist.

View attachment 770044

View attachment 770045

I must say I'm really happy with how it turned out bar discovering the artwork isn't 100% stable in kerosene (paraffin)
I've never seen a muffler like that on a homelite before? Maybe someone else has? But might be a custom setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back