Discussion in 'Chainsaw' started by dynodave, Jan 5, 2019.
I agree all mine were 16" .325 .063. They cut the best with that setup! But who am i...
16 3/8lp on the 241.
18 .325 on the 261 (retired the 026)
20 3/8 on the 462.
Meh,I'm just a fire wood hack.
I could cut 99% of my firewood with that lineup! The other 1% I'd leave for someone else! That's a nice lineup Steve!
Thanks Dan. Now if they could only call in a nice buck.
Same here Steve! Maybe tomorrow!
I just picked up an 090, an 075, and a spare 4ft bar and chain for them for a really nice price. Both have good compression and the 090 has a clean p/c. The 075 needs av bushings, but aside from that both should be runners.
You suck on such a larger than normal scale! Nice grab!
I forgot to add that the 090 is rocking a 6ft bar and the 075 has a 32-36 inch bar.
It should nice. Checking the piston now
Now that's a you suck thread
Just took a gamble on this Stihl 034av Super. It's super dirty, but no broken pieces. The guy said it needed a fuel line, but a quick inspection says that probably isnt the problem.
Pulled the muffler and it looks way better than expected. No scoring to be found.
Checked the compression and it was over 150 psi.
I'm betting it needs the carb cleaned judging by how dirty this saw is.
Best part is I only paid $50.
That's looks nice. And y suck
Update: the 090 runs but needs a carb rebuild or tuneup, and the 075 runs with gas down the carb. The 075 bar is only 29 inches long, and yes it is 29 inches and not 28, and I accidentally broke the manual oiler button on the 075 when the handle assemblies slipped forward and slammed into it. I’ll try gluing it, but I’ll probably need a new one.
"Make McCulloch Great Again" I like that.
Damn what was the pricetag on the 125
Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
All I know is that you really really suck.
Damn nice saws. I’m super envious.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Let me fix it and repost.
So these and many other super collectible saws came up at a shop here in town. The shop closed it’s doors after at least 50 years. The Pro MAC 700 has not been fueled, the 125 looks lightly used. The only one that ran after sitting on the shelf for 30 years or better was the Super 44. Most had crispy carb guts. The 125 now runs like a new saw! The BP1 required a needle seat from a Tilletson and a new recoil spring from a 10-10 and it ran pretty darn good. I got a few other 10-10 saws and an 8800 Homelite. I sold the BP to offset the cost of the saws a bit. I should have bought everything they had but was a bit freeked out putting up the cash that I did. Then I found out they let the rest of the saws go for a song. There were another few 2 man Mauls, Mercury’s, Wrights and Mccullochs I just didn’t know what to do with. I got the one I wanted upfront. It was really fun/exciting!
I could only post 10 pictures so here are some more.
As far as pricing it was a bulk price.
Separate names with a comma.