"You Suck" Thread 2019--Pics required!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea I’m always watching CL but so far never see saw bundles. Just a bunch of $45 wild things. And similar junk. I think I just live in a area saturated with city slicker saws. Gonna check the stihl dealer next.
Here's why I like auctions better than CL and yard sales, and both of those can produce. With CL and yard sales, you have someone that owns something they think is worth "Something", maybe a lot, maybe not. At an auction you have an auctioneer, maybe 2 or 3 of them, trying to sell a lot of stuff as fast as possible. They can't wait till next weekend to "think about it". For jrwied, I just picked a town in AR, turned out to be Conway. Entered a 30 mile radius and did a search for auctions. About the 4th one listed the pics had a wall of about 50 chains saws, a bin of about 50 weed whackers, an old Farmall tractor. It's actually in Greenbrier on Sat Dec 7, at 10 AM. There is another auction in Beebe the same day, with several saws, look too new for me. All that stuff at those sales has to be gone that day. The auctioneer doesn't care if a saw sells for 5 bucks, he still gets his commission, and he doesn't have the time or the format to haggle over prices. It's on the block for thirty seconds and gone.

I might got a line on a Dolmar 112. Red orangish edition. I read up on some of the posts on here. It’s could be pmt for some labor rendered. I’m just trying to figure out how much labor rendered. Any input from the masses?

I don't have any Dolmars, and I try to collect only 70 and larger cc saws. The 112 looks to be a 50 or so cc saw. They were top of the line saws, just don't pay a bunch for it. I don't go over $15-$20 on a 50cc saw. A friend asked if I would take down a couple dead Ash trees for his land lord. The land lord is either 79 or 89, I can't remember. He told me he had a Dolmar KMS4. I told him I'd like to add that one to my collection. That one has a Wankel Rotary engine on it. Hopefully it will be my first Dolmar. I'm breaking all of my rules and offering him $100 for it.

I’m in Arkansas. Bugs get the trees before saws. No 70-90cc saws on the reg. Gotta get what’s around. It’s ok though. There’s not a buyer on every block for 90cc saws here. N if they’re is they’d probably want a payment plan. I def would like to see bigger better saws everywhere I look. Don’t have that option. Everyone can afford and enjoy a 50cc saw with some minor upgrades or not even. Don’t hate lol.

I guess it's all in what you are looking for. Woodslaher posted a link for 3 old saws for $400. Didn't say how big or if they run. No disrespect to anyone, but those are $25 dollar saws to me The last three I got were 95CC's for one and the other 2 in the 70-80 CC range, for $22.50, for all 3. They all turn over. Lonestar has the line on that J-Red 2095, that's a big saw, and in good shape, well worth $400. I collect "OLD" saws, so what a good deal for me is usually about $20. And they usually run with a little carb work. But, they are big and heavy and probably not what most others are looking for. I have 3 Stihls that I bought new, an MS 170, MS 290 and a 660. I'm, sure I have more money in those three saws than I do the other 50 in my collection, and I'm hard put to keep 10 of them running at one time. Now, when ever I run across a Homelite Super 1050 I tend to bring it home. I found two in the last two years, one great runner for $150, and one with a rare full wrap, but not running, for $40, so I'm happy.

I ain’t had a “you suck” good enough to post in a while. Deals are rare around me as are the “good” saws in themselves. Best you suck ive ever had I think is my ms660 i got for $250 with a 36” bar. Should’ve got the 066 at the same time but he was iffy if he wanted to let go at the time and now I lost his number. I think most of it is searching ads. I search letgo, OfferUp, Craigslist, and use my wife’s Facebook to search that. I’m still shaky on using most platforms but sometimes it can pay out. I’ve got more saws just overall by casual conversation with random folks. Kinda feel out the person you’re talking to and the area you’re in. Casually bring up saws or collections and I’ll say yeh it’s kinda weird but I collect chainsaws...I’ve been given old craftsman saws, old Stihl 08s, saw carcasses for parts and such.

I agree, the three saws for four bills is outrageously priced. Me and my brother got a truck bed full of mystery cond. old saws for around $20 a pop, which is far more reasonable. Some run with gas down the carb and only need a fuel line and carb kit, others are probably just parts saws or wall hangers. The most I've ever paid for one saw was $200, and that will probably be the most until I can get my mitts on a pair of 365s I know of, or if a nicely priced SP125 comes my way. IMG_4521.JPG

42dedfaaf03474af3fe0477cccacd532.jpg

This ole gal was $50 and fired up when I got home. Still needs a new gasket for the chain oil tank but i already did the fuel tank. Just need time to work on it. It’s an older score though so not a 2019 one. I think this was 2017 maybe early 18

I agree, the three saws for four bills is outrageously priced. Me and my brother got a truck bed full of mystery cond. old saws for around $20 a pop, which is far more reasonable. Some run with gas down the carb and only need a fuel line and carb kit, others are probably just parts saws or wall hangers. The most I've ever paid for one saw was $200, and that will probably be the most until I can get my mitts on a pair of 365s I know of, or if a nicely priced SP125 comes my way. View attachment 779145
That's my kind of "You Suck" pic. I thought I remembered you getting a load of saws. I've never messed with the Wrights. The David Bradley's have Power Products engines on them, and they make them up to at least 130 CC's. One of the ones I got recently was the 95CC model. I'd do a back flip for the Homelite and Macs. Good haul. Over last winter I did searches all around the country and was really surprised at how regional finding saws was, especially big old Homelites and Macs, we have lots of them on the East Coast.

42dedfaaf03474af3fe0477cccacd532.jpg

This ole gal was $50 and fired up when I got home. Still needs a new gasket for the chain oil tank but i already did the fuel tank. Just need time to work on it. It’s an older score though so not a 2019 one. I think this was 2017 maybe early 18
That's worth a repost, and what I feel is a realistic price for that vintage saw. My friend in Ashville NC got his FIL's 1010S and said it was junk and wouldn't run. He filled it with True Fuel and cranked and cranked, no go. It had spark so I put a shot of mix in the carb and it fired right up. After that it fired up every time. Only thing is his is missing the chain brake flag.

Seeing those Macs and a potential donor p/c for my brothers super wiz 77 was what inspired us to drive 2-3 hours each way to pick 'em up. Plus, we got an 090 and an 075 from the same spot so it was well worth it overall. That haul more than doubled my Mac collection, so I'm happy. Now I just need to get another couple of carb kits and I betcha most of the 1-** Macs will fire right up. Spotting all that yellow was exciting as macs are pretty uncommon near me. I live in husky 2-seriesville, with the occasional 181 or 185 showing up.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_12ea8.jpg

Seeing those Macs and a potential donor p/c for my brothers super wiz 77 was what inspired us to drive 2-3 hours each way to pick 'em up. Plus, we got an 090 and an 075 from the same spot so it was well worth it overall. That haul more than doubled my Mac collection, so I'm happy. Now I just need to get another couple of carb kits and I betcha most of the 1-** Macs will fire right up. Spotting all that yellow was exciting as macs are pretty uncommon near me. I live in husky 2-seriesville, with the occasional 181 or 185 showing up.
View attachment 779332
I had a Wiz 77 given to me by one of my Dad's competitors when we were in business. Actually, Dad and Joe were retired. My wife met Joe's daughter and they became friends, When Joe passed away his daughter gave me 7 of his old saws. The 77 had a 42" bar with 1/2 inch chain. It was in running condition and he had a new roll of chain with it. Some low life stole it off my wood pile. Bad on me for leaving it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back