"You Suck" Thread 2019--Pics required!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If we had an almost suck thread I would post there. I saw an 260 pro on Marketplace for $30 and messaged immediately that I'd take it and never heard back. I concluded he didn't have messenger and I should have posted on the ad instead.

Feel like I got my birthday present early today. My cousin called and said he was at an auction with a GIANT David Bradley. It's a 5G21, almost 8 cubes, 130CC's. Power products AH81 engine. I told him to go $50 on it. He called back and said that with tax, buyers premium, the total was $30.07. I'll have to wait till tomorrow for the pic. I was too pumped up to wait till I got it home. He said it is complete and it does turn over with what feels like good compression. I've never had the chance to play with a big gear drive. I hope I have it running if we have a PA GTG this year.

915273518156769ced6a8a8af07ea2f6.jpg
5f1a4e7cc8ad8b18af37114fcc285b00.jpg
I got a Jonsered 2250S for $140. The saw is only a year old with new chain. Missed out on the same brand of saw a couple days ago for 100.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Picked up a 359 from the original owner, who stated it wouldn’t run. Bar/chain were original, no more than 10 tanks of fuel ran though it since he bought it. Used where he hunted to trim limbs in shooting lanes, but has sat up last couple years. Compression is great, put fresh fuel in it in his driveway and it fired up and ran but wouldn’t idle. I handed him the $35 he was asking and tossed it in the truck. One Zama carb later, she’s purring......F1C04FC0-66C7-41FE-813E-F277BF8BF352.jpeg

OK so I think this probably counts for this category. I picked up this 066 flat top about a year ago for $50. The saw was complete other than a broken chain brake handle. The saw was seized up and the owner thought his hired man had probably straight gassed it. It sat in the back corner of my shop until a couple months ago. I finally decided to tear it down and see if it was going to be a parts saw or a fixer. Turned out the piston had actually broken but everything had an oil film on it and the cylinder looked fantastic. Much to my surprise the cylinder didn’t even have any transfer on it or a single score mark. I rebuilt it with OEM gaskets, seals, and bearings. It has a new meteor piston with caber rings. I took it out today for the first time and ran three tanks through it and man is this saw a beast! I wish I could keep it but I already have a 660 clone saw with the big bore kit and I don’t really need two big saws.

55f533afee3166d42b70b3f24592dbd6.jpg
35ef1e28f69c9641f16abe755c7b86fd.jpg
5068402dfea2e5a90657caebfe303515.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OK so I think this probably counts for this category. I picked up this 066 flat top about a year ago for $50. The saw was complete other than a broken chain brake handle. The saw was seized up and the owner thought his hired man had probably straight gassed it. It sat in the back corner of my shop until a couple months ago. I finally decided to tear it down and see if it was going to be a parts saw or a fixer. Turned out the piston had actually broken but everything had an oil film on it and the cylinder looked fantastic. Much to my surprise the cylinder didn’t even have any transfer on it or a single score mark. I rebuilt it with OEM gaskets, seals, and bearings. It has a new meteor piston with caber rings. I took it out today for the first time and ran three tanks through it and man is this saw a beast! I wish I could keep it but I already have a 660 clone saw with the big bore kit and I don’t really need two big saws.

55f533afee3166d42b70b3f24592dbd6.jpg
35ef1e28f69c9641f16abe755c7b86fd.jpg
5068402dfea2e5a90657caebfe303515.jpg

You're keeping the wrong saw!

You're keeping the wrong saw!

I use my 660 clone maybe enough to burn five tanks a year through it. The clone represents about a $250 investment and is barely worth that to sell. But can sit on my shelf and go along for the ride whenever it’s needed. This 066 flat top deserves to be used.

I use my 660 clone maybe enough to burn five tanks a year through it. The clone represents about a $250 investment and is barely worth that to sell. But can sit on my shelf and go along for the ride whenever it’s needed. This 066 flat top deserves to be used.

I'll give ya $55 for it. LOL

Scored a 460 for free that the guy thought was toast. (He didnt know what he had in this saw the 460 tag was missing)It ended up needing a new spark plug,fuel filter and decomp valve cleaned . (I need a chain brake flag and 3/4 wrap for this 460 If you have one let me know)
2nd deal same guy i got a non running 461 for $150 turned out to be a stuck open decompression valve. It was literally a 2 minute fix.
If you guys dont hate me yet you are going to after i tell you i got 2 running 200ts for $150 one needs carb rebuilt and the othher was dropped from a tree and will need top handle A/V mounts.
Easily my best saw haul value wise.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190211-051917_Messenger.jpg
    Screenshot_20190211-051917_Messenger.jpg
    557.5 KB · Views: 55
  • Screenshot_20190211-052006_Messenger.jpg
    Screenshot_20190211-052006_Messenger.jpg
    632.5 KB · Views: 55
Scored a 460 for free that the guy thought was toast. (He didnt know what he had in this saw the 460 tag was missing)It ended up needing a new spark plug,fuel filter and decomp valve cleaned . (I need a chain brake flag and 3/4 wrap for this 460 If you have one let me know)
2nd deal same guy i got a non running 461 for $150 turned out to be a stuck open decompression valve. It was literally a 2 minute fix.
If you guys dont hate me yet you are going to after i tell you i got 2 running 200ts for $150 one needs carb rebuilt and the othher was dropped from a tree and will need top handle A/V mounts.
Easily my best saw haul value wise.

Congrats! I can’t begrudge anyone those kind of deals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back