"You Suck" Thread 2019--Pics required!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
602 VL ECHO what would y'all pay? Runs good. I'll need to ship it home I'm on vacation and found it in my feed.
It looms clean
a8fa3936016e68c878ab55b58752bc2b.jpg

Here's the 562XP I picked up locally for $250
DSCN6368.JPG

DSCN6369.JPG

Runs like a champ, clean skirts, and compression is about 160 psi.
The bottom corner of the muffler was cracked and it was run with only one muffler bolt into the cylinder that trashed the heat shield and gasket.
Opted to purchase a used muffler to replace the damaged one, with repair and modification in the future for the one that came with the saw.
While most of my saws are Stihls, I have to say the Husky 562 is a sweet unit.

602 VL ECHO what would y'all pay? Runs good. I'll need to ship it home I'm on vacation and found it in my feed.
I really like the bigger old Echo's, I have a 600, 650EVL and a 750EVL. I think the 602 is still points so you can work on them. Those first electronic ignition saws were know to have E-problems, and if the module goes out you pretty much have a shelf queen. Just me, but I don't pay over 25-30 bucks for a saw in that size range. I go to a lot of auctions and see lots of them, and I have over 40 saws. If you are just starting to mess with saws or collect them, and you like it, you may go a bit higher. I just looked again and you said it is running, maybe a little more. It's about the same size as a Stihl MS290. I've bought a lot of 70-100CC saws for under $50. If you are going to have to pay to ship it home, that's putting it in the pass category for me. But, others might yell at you for passing on it?

My You Suck contribution is a very nice and complete Homelite Zip B.
I know it's not a Stihl or Husqvarna but this is a very nice saw.
As you can see it has all its original complete decals, chrome plugs for the carb adjustment hole and forward hole on the carb shield.
Has the original 17" bar too. I actually love getting saws that have the old shop decal from where it was purchased, Torrington Ct at the tractor and equipment dealer.
Back story is the the older guy I got it from it was his fathers who brought it new in the early 60's and hardly ever used it and it shows. I'm going to use Dawn dish soap so I can wash it down of all the age grime and use a clearcoat to preserve the decals.

P.S. it still has the cylinder/spark shield and spark arrestor and deflector.
Al D.
8fcb7fcd09419e4565990ce5e0d052bc.jpg
78729bb30bab5d1edd4e2c07ae7f83e6.jpg

Homelite collector in training [emoji879]
Homelites are my passion, and I like the dealer sticker too. I would not clear coat it either. I figure if you do run it, it will be under controlled conditions, and you won't be tossing it around like I do with my working Stihl saws. My Homelites get babied.

This is such an epic suck, I think we need a new sticky just for situations like this.
12 or more likes qualifies the deal as epic and gets moved to the new sticky.
Can we make this happen?

Found a echo 610evl twin cylinder
" evil twin" for 85 bucksView attachment 752725

This is such an epic suck, I think we need a new sticky just for situations like this.
12 or more likes qualifies the deal as epic and gets moved to the new sticky.
Can we make this happen?
Suckage is a matter of opinion, I saw the j.d. version of that saw at a flea market 2 weeks ago and passed it up, I personally like the muscle saws. Any saw under 100$ is good though.

Suckage is a matter of opinion, I saw the j.d. version of that saw at a flea market 2 weeks ago and passed it up, I personally like the muscle saws. Any saw under 100$ is good though.
I’m inclined to agree. I see guys buy a very used/abused saw for several hundred bucks, and they are extatic over it. I think that twin Echo is super cool and would jump on it. Some guys have posted a brand new saw on end of year clearance, I don’t see that as a “you Suck” deal, but they do. It is very subjective. My criteria for my collection is 70CC’s or bigger, and 24” bar and bigger. So I’m biased that way. I’m going to an auction in a couple weeks for an old white Poulan with a 48” bar. If I get it, it will be at a “YS” price, or I’ll pass. I just found a saw that is too small to meet my own criteria, but, if I get it, it will be one of the Crown Jewels of my collection, and it’s not a Homelite. It’s a very well made German saw, only 58CC’s, made one year. I think I have a good chance of getting it, we will see. I would expect a “YS” for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back