"You Suck" Thread 2020"--Pics required!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agree I might switch it to 3/8 too
If it's set up for .325" chains, go with that. Not quite as much steel in the cutter, but my nominal 50cc saw setup is a 16" .325" chain with a 8 pin drive.
The 8 pin .325" rim drive is about the same diameter as the 7 pin 3/8" drive, so the chain speed is going to be about the same.

If it's set up for .325" chains, go with that. Not quite as much steel in the cutter, but my nominal 50cc saw setup is a 16" .325" chain with a 8 pin drive.
The 8 pin .325" rim drive is about the same diameter as the 7 pin 3/8" drive, so the chain speed is going to be about the same.
I agree but 3/8 is all I use how good would 3/8 p work?

Lest anyone get confused, the honda 1000i doesn't run on mixed fuel....the previous owner assumed it was a 2stroke unit & fueled it as such with what was on hand 4 years ago.
He said he uses 32:1 for his 20yo weedeater, and that's what he put in it last time he used it.
I believe that is the case, judging by the color of what csme out, although the fuel was pretty yellowed and varnish-y from sitting that long.

Lest anyone get confused, the honda 1000i doesn't run on mixed fuel....the previous owner assumed it was a 2stroke unit & fueled it as such with what was on hand 4 years ago.
He said he uses 32:1 for his 20yo weedeater, and that's what he put in it last time he used it.
I believe that is the case, judging by the color of what csme out, although the fuel was pretty yellowed and varnish-y from sitting that long.

I have a 2000, and it was hunting and surging, even after I cleaned the carb. Thanks to a .00005 second Google search, I found I wasn't getting the pilot jet out and cleaning it. I had merely been working blind from Small engine experience.... With that much gunk varnish, I'd be surprised. SO, FYI, that little F'er is plastic, and pushes in with an O-ring, under the mixture/idle screw you have to remove. (5 turns out from seated).

BTW- you suck.

So I got the Pioneer Super 620 running nice.

13b2bcd2ce8a74a6ef5597fdc2049906.jpg

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

I have a 2000, and it was hunting and surging, even after I cleaned the carb. Thanks to a .00005 second Google search, I found I wasn't getting the pilot jet out and cleaning it. I had merely been working blind from Small engine experience.... With that much gunk varnish, I'd be surprised. SO, FYI, that little F'er is plastic, and pushes in with an O-ring, under the mixture/idle screw you have to remove. (5 turns out from seated).

BTW- you suck.
Thanks for the tip!!

Back