"You Suck" Thread 2020"--Pics required!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stihl 034AV Super Good looking piston. Great compression. Runs like a top $200 from local pawn shop. Had been looking for one of these but not willing to pay $300-400 for one in good shape. CAD strikes again. Not that great of a deal, but......

Kill switch is a little touchy. Will die before you move lever all the way to 0. Will have to look at that.

My dealer had these in stock. Walked out with both of them for an even $20.

My local Stihl dealer rocks!!

OEM filters for the 034S I got at the pawn shop.

God knows how long these have sat on the shelf, but my dealer says he likes to stock a lot of old parts in case someone needs their old saw fixed asap :). IMG_4960.jpg

If this seems weak for a you suck post, just look at in one of the following ways.

I suck for posting an air filter on the you suck thread.

I suck for being excited about getting a NOS OEM air filter.

You suck for reading this post :p

or.......It'll really suck if it doesn't fit....

I like cutlery too. I also have a small knife collection
From left to right:
All free except Collins and Estwing
2 "boys" axes from my dad(rip)
1st yellow handle one beat to hell and loose handle used for splitting with the aid of a sledge.
2nd "DUNLAP" burrs on head cleaned up well and tight handle

Blue full size axe is a"Collins" I bought new from a hardware store in Richmond Ky in the early 80's (also bought my first saw... poulan micro xxv super)
Small Estwing hatchet I bought later as camping aid
Double bit axe, seen a rough life, rusty & chipped edge on both ends, sharpened up the best I could, cleaned up and painted , handle seemed OK and tight so sanded and urethaned
Hand hatched, from BIL funny grind... flat on one side/all sharpening from this side. BIL father was orchard farmer could this be a "pruning hatchet"?
Splitting maul CRAFTSMAN "wear saftey goggles USA" ....good tight handle used very little LOL:chop:
CHOPPER 1/USA Patent no ????? hinged bidirectional spreading wedges, fiber core handle guaranteed unbreakable... first time I ever saw one of these.

DSCF0639.JPG

6FA34A06-3E67-4C76-8666-9B56429B762D.jpeg Not sure if this qualifies for a “you suck” moment but I got this 660, 3 new 36” chains, new 36” bar, 3 new 25” chains and the one chain on the saw (25” bar) that the gentleman used for one cut he said. It was posted on the good ole’ CL!
He even threw in a new Alaskan Granberg Chainsaw Mill that wasn’t mentioned in the post, 30” length I believe. Got it for $800. I was pretty happy with it all.
The seller had a heated workshop and the place was in immaculate condition. I came home and cleaned my shop the very next day. Very nice guy. Said he used it once and said too much saw for him. He had a like new 046 that he was keeping.

I like cutlery too. I also have a small knife collection
From left to right:
All free except Collins and Estwing
2 "boys" axes from my dad(rip)
1st yellow handle one beat to hell and loose handle used for splitting with the aid of a sledge.
2nd "DUNLAP" burrs on head cleaned up well and tight handle

Blue full size axe is a"Collins" I bought new from a hardware store in Richmond Ky in the early 80's (also bought my first saw... poulan micro xxv super)
Small Estwing hatchet I bought later as camping aid
Double bit axe, seen a rough life, rusty & chipped edge on both ends, sharpened up the best I could, cleaned up and painted , handle seemed OK and tight so sanded and urethaned
Hand hatched, from BIL funny grind... flat on one side/all sharpening from this side. BIL father was orchard farmer could this be a "pruning hatchet"?
Splitting maul CRAFTSMAN "wear saftey goggles USA" ....good tight handle used very little LOL:chop:
CHOPPER 1/USA Patent no ????? hinged bidirectional spreading wedges, fiber core handle guaranteed unbreakable... first time I ever saw one of these.

View attachment 800331
The odd hatchet is a hewing ax, or hewing hatchet, it's for shaping logs. Some of the bigger ones have offset handles so you don't "bark" you knuckles. Many have been ruined by people trying to sharpen both sides of the blade.

Here's todays oldie. 1977 Homelite Super EZ in nice condition, has spark, but did not fire on prime. Might play around with it tomorrow.
rwzNFNg.jpg

JqApQhB.jpg

Ak9j9cP.jpg

Not a Homelite, but it's Red. My fishing buddy had 2 rental houses and a 3.5 acre building lot. Several years ago one of his tenants moved out owing him $2500. He told my friend to just keep the tractor. He used the tractor to mow the 3.5 acre lot. He goes to settlement on it tomorrow. Now he doesn't need the tractor. It's a 25 HP NorTrak, 4X4, 3 cylinder diesel, comes with a FEL, 4' bush hog, and a grader box. He let me have it for $2000. Plus, Ill be a little short till mowing season kicks in. Gave him $650 today, rest as it comes in. Gonna put a pinch on the new saws unless it gets cold and i move some firewwod. I haven't let it run to see if the clock is working, but it only shows 258 hours.
IMKTWjU.jpg

GkX9r4x.jpg

Not a Homelite, but it's Red. My fishing buddy had 2 rental houses and a 3.5 acre building lot. Several years ago one of his tenants moved out owing him $2500. He told my friend to just keep the tractor. He used the tractor to mow the 3.5 acre lot. He goes to settlement on it tomorrow. Now he doesn't need the tractor. It's a 25 HP NorTrak, 4X4, 3 cylinder diesel, comes with a FEL, 4' bush hog, and a grader box. He let me have it for $2000. Plus, Ill be a little short till mowing season kicks in. Gave him $650 today, rest as it comes in. Gonna put a pinch on the new saws unless it gets cold and i move some firewwod. I haven't let it run to see if the clock is working, but it only shows 258 hours.
IMKTWjU.jpg

GkX9r4x.jpg

Awesome deal!!

Just saw someone on facebook nabbed a running 090 for $100. It was offered free but he felt obliged to pay at least something.
Those deals are out there. Last year a friend asked me to help take down a couple dead trees at his landlords place. No problem. As we were about to go home, I was showing one of the guys pics of my collection. The home owner came over to look. Then, he said he had only bought one chainsaw in his life, and it was still in his shop, under the bench. asked if I had ever heard of a Sach Dolmar. Sure. Then he said he had the one that didn't have a piston in it. A KMS4 rotary. I said I would like to add that one to my collection. He said we would pull it out the next time I come over. I don't know what to offer, I can't afford what it's worth.

Those deals are out there. Last year a friend asked me to help take down a couple dead trees at his landlords place. No problem. As we were about to go home, I was showing one of the guys pics of my collection. The home owner came over to look. Then, he said he had only bought one chainsaw in his life, and it was still in his shop, under the bench. asked if I had ever heard of a Sach Dolmar. Sure. Then he said he had the one that didn't have a piston in it. A KMS4 rotary. I said I would like to add that one to my collection. He said we would pull it out the next time I come over. I don't know what to offer, I can't afford what it's worth.

I picked up an old solo twin for under $50 at an estate auction once years ago, and my dad cussed me out for overpaying. I later gave it to a friend who pestered me about it like it was the holy grail... which was sortof true.
I had no internet, no real saw knowledge, and no interest in a non-running saw.
I didn't learn what it was or what it is worth until a few years later, and now I wish I had it back.
Deals are out there, It just takes luck to find them sometimes.

IMKTWjU.jpg

GkX9r4x.jpg

You suck!

I could really use a front end loader

Back