"You Suck" Thread 2020"--Pics required!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
picked this little gem up for $15. a couple hours cleaning and a $2 pull cord and its running like a champ. These little saws are growing on me. Piston and cylinder was great condition for a 1979 model saw. View attachment 809966
I like all things Homelite, but my collection was mostly 70CC's and up. Then I wanted a Super EZ because that's what I learned to climb with. That opened up a whole nother rabbit hole. Now I have 3 EZ's, 2-3 Super 2's, a couple 150's. Gonna need another shelf just for the itty bity saws.

Haven't contributed in a while and anyway, it aint a saw but it may qualify for a you suck. Free on local site, said it didn't run but brought it home and fired up perfect, no smoke,hot battery. I dont understand why they couldn't, almost felt bad the next day. But put 100 bucks on 2 spindles, mower belt, carb gasket, air filter...

Attachments

• 20200213_201356.jpg
    20200213_201356.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 38
Here's a saw I picked up a few weeks ago for $5. Said tank was cracked. Pulled apart and tank was missing the bronze plug, $3., and the duckbill valve. Went ahead with new tygon lines while apart. Runs like a champ.

had to edit for price, forgot I got another poulan with it both for 10 bucks. Sold the primer bulb style Poulan after replacing the carb as the Stratos butterfly plastic lever was broken.

Attachments

• 20200324_220536.jpg
    20200324_220536.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 31
I ground out some stumps for a friend and wouldn't take any money for the job. He had just bought a new tractor and asked if I wanted his old one with a pull behind 8 HP leaf vac, so I took it. It worked well, but the vac trailer was too high for my steep hill. If it got on any angle it would flip over. I left it in the front yard one day while I ran in for lunch. I came back and it was gone. The tent on the leaf trailer was big enough it worked like a sale. I must have left it in neutral, and the wind blew it over the hill. Crashed into one of my hybrid Locust. Smashed the hood up so bad I had to take it off. I ran it like that for another year or so. When I decided I really didn't want that type of vac, I put it at the end of my road with a free sign on it, tractor and vac. An hour or so later some friends came over and were cracking up laughing. They said two big fat guys were at the end of the road fighting over a free tractor. I had a box of parts I was going to take down, but I figured I had guest to entertain, and better let well enough alone with the two big fat guys.

Picked up these parts for my 395xp build today, New West cylinder and piston, Caber rings and aftermarket starter all for $75aud. Mates rates
5470f15f33911e6e05d82cc9ca9f8d26.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

I think in order for it to be a "You Suck", the price paid needs to be mentioned. Anybody can over pay for saws, but I don't think just getting a saw, especially if paying more than it's worth makes it deserving of suckage.
The Shindaiwa 488 with the Oregon bar I bought in 2000 during the ice storm.

The other 488 with the echo bar was given to me about a month ago, bad coil only , great running saw.

The 1981 or 82 Husqvarna 44 a guy brought to me to fix , had scored piston, I paid him 25 bucks for it and spent 32 bucks fixing it , it's my favorite saw runs freaking great.

A guy brought me 3 craftsman and I fix them , fuel lines and bulbs, about 10 bucks in it other than I changed bar to 14 inch , did muffler mod and that thing really screams and cuts good for it's size.

So 3 saws with around 5p to 60 dollars in them ..

Love them Shindaiwa, as they are about the most reliable equipment I ever had.

Suck ???

Or no

Suck???
3d37cac0db3e92883177e630b97d17e7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

The Shindaiwa 488 with the Oregon bar I bought in 2000 during the ice storm.

The other 488 with the echo bar was given to me about a month ago, bad coil only , great running saw.

The 1981 or 82 Husqvarna 44 a guy brought to me to fix , had scored piston, I paid him 25 bucks for it and spent 32 bucks fixing it , it's my favorite saw runs freaking great.

A guy brought me 3 craftsman and I fix them , fuel lines and bulbs, about 10 bucks in it other than I changed bar to 14 inch , did muffler mod and that thing really screams and cuts good for it's size.

So 3 saws with around 5p to 60 dollars in them ..

Love them Shindaiwa, as they are about the most reliable equipment I ever had.

Suck ???

Or no

Suck???
3d37cac0db3e92883177e630b97d17e7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I reckon you have qualified for the " U Suck " section. 3 Saws for that price is a gppd deal.

Haven't contributed in a while and anyway, it aint a saw but it may qualify for a you suck. Free on local site, said it didn't run but brought it home and fired up perfect, no smoke,hot battery. I dont understand why they couldn't, almost felt bad the next day. But put 100 bucks on 2 spindles, mower belt, carb gasket, air filter...
I think you got ripped off buddy! :lol:
Heck of a good find! And you SUCK!

Non mechanical people use all kinds of terms to describe what's wrong with their stuff. We have a widow farmer friend. She said her John Deer 214 wouldn't start. I got there and it was sitting out side. I asked if it wouldn't start, how did she get it out side? She said it started, then stopped, and wouldn't start again. I turned the key and it started right up. She said, oh it runs, it just wont start. She meant it STARTED moving, then STOPPED moving, then wouldn't START moving again. Broken drive belt. 25 years ago, my neighbor said he blew the engine up in his JD 216, and I could have it for $400, with snow plow and PTO rotary broom. I had a 216 and would have loved to get his, just for the attachments, but had too much junk around the house so passed. It sat in his front yard all summer with grass growing around it. One day I saw a guy get out of a PU and put a set of ramps on it. I asked if he wanted a hand pushing it on the truck. He said no, I'm just going to drive it up. I said, Greg told me he blew the engine? He said, yeah, he told me the same thing, but I looked in the gas tank and it was bone dry. Put some gas in it and it started right up.

Our farmer friend is almost 70, and maintains the place, mows the lawn, I was happy to help her out. My goofball neighbor, didn't feel sorry for him at all. I just wish I had of jumped on the tractor when I had the chance.

Non mechanical people use all kinds of terms to describe what's wrong with their stuff. We have a widow farmer friend. She said her John Deer 214 wouldn't start. I got there and it was sitting out side. I asked if it wouldn't start, how did she get it out side? She said it started, then stopped, and wouldn't start again. I turned the key and it started right up. She said, oh it runs, it just wont start. She meant it STARTED moving, then STOPPED moving, then wouldn't START moving again. Broken drive belt. 25 years ago, my neighbor said he blew the engine up in his JD 216, and I could have it for $400, with snow plow and PTO rotary broom. I had a 216 and would have loved to get his, just for the attachments, but had too much junk around the house so passed. It sat in his front yard all summer with grass growing around it. One day I saw a guy get out of a PU and put a set of ramps on it. I asked if he wanted a hand pushing it on the truck. He said no, I'm just going to drive it up. I said, Greg told me he blew the engine? He said, yeah, he told me the same thing, but I looked in the gas tank and it was bone dry. Put some gas in it and it started right up.

Our farmer friend is almost 70, and maintains the place, mows the lawn, I was happy to help her out. My goofball neighbor, didn't feel sorry for him at all. I just wish I had of jumped on the tractor when I had the chance.

my neighbor bought a new craftsman lawn tractor last year, with snow blade, bagger, and a cart... it wouldn't crank over this year after him servicing it for the season & so he bought another one.
I fixed the old one by draining 3.5 quarts of oil out of a 1.5qt crank case.
The dipstick/ fill tube comes up to the top of the motor, and he had filled it all the way to the cap, full enough there wasn't room for the piston to move down without removing oil;)

Latest posts

Back