"You Suck" Thread 2020"--Pics required!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Only some rumor, but heard old Remington saws could be really good. Manual oiler? Hopefully works well. Those dogs/spikes look brand new!

Only some rumor, but heard old Remington saws could be really good. Manual oiler? Hopefully works well. Those dogs/spikes look brand new!
It says Automatic oiler on the side cover but has a manual piler button also. It appears to be oiling, and it starts up and runs pretty good, although it needs a new air filter.

I will probably post it up for sale soon. Any ideas what they are worth?

Here's your chance to join the 2020 "You Suck" list.
If I knew someone in Grants Pass I'd have them snag it for me, but I don't "need" another 100cc to push me into making a 6 hr. RT drive.
2100 Pro Chainsaw Parts Only - $50 (Grants Pass)

01313_bVHe3vOqhKR_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

00F0F_dhXKNHu6II6_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

make / manufacturer: husqvarna
model name / number: 2100 pro
size / dimensions: 2100
This is a 2100 Professional Husqvarna Chainsaw that won't start. Selling for Parts Only

This will be a 2 part post. First up is a 461 magnum ( no markings anywhere so this is not 100% fact yet) Needs a little cleaning and a pull rope. Was told it ran when the rope broke. For $75 I bought it anyway.
I still have to get pics of the 372 XP. Started on the 4th pull. Runs great. Needs a sprocket and clutch cover. Needs a good cleaning. $100. I think these classify for this thread.

Attachments

• 668855A0-F056-4404-8DB9-603125AE0327.jpeg
    668855A0-F056-4404-8DB9-603125AE0327.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 23
  • 05D3464D-8B76-4A7B-ACDE-FE2C8BAC5B0F.jpeg
    05D3464D-8B76-4A7B-ACDE-FE2C8BAC5B0F.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 23
It's been a rough year for deals. My friends are moving to Florida and emptied their shed and garage in my truck. Couple dozen rakes, shovels, digging bars, shears, sprayer, two nice axes, the double is a Keen Kutter and the single is a Craftsman ( in axe thread), a 20 gallon compressor, big crock and milk can. They still have stuff to take. Plus I'm going to get the job mowing the other four lots till they sell.View attachment 835147View attachment 835148View attachment 835149View attachment 835150

It's been a rough year for deals. My friends are moving to Florida and emptied their shed and garage in my truck. Couple dozen rakes, shovels, digging bars, shears, sprayer, two nice axes, the double is a Keen Kutter and the single is a Craftsman ( in axe thread), a 20 gallon compressor, big crock and milk can. They still have stuff to take. Plus I'm going to get the job mowing the other four lots till they sell.View attachment 835147View attachment 835148View attachment 835149View attachment 835150
Well, for some reason it wouldn't let me edit all of the spell check miss spellings. After 3 tries, I got the spelling, but, it deleated all of the pics. I'm tired, maybe I'll fix it tomorrow.

Just picked this saw up today at a yard sale. Paid $5. Its dirty but in good shape and did fire, but needs fuel lines at a minimum. I don't know anything about this saw yet. Are they any good, or have much value?
View attachment 832321
Matter of a GREAT SAW! They really cut above their class and originally very expensive.

Picked up this Remington SL4 today along with a tool bag full of chains, spark plugs, an old cardboard can of Stihl 2 stroke oil to put on my display, and a variety of other tools.
View attachment 833356
Anybody know much about these saws?

They were a little slow but plenty of torque, if it's comparable to the Remington saws I own, reed induction, automatic oiler is a crank case pressure system that is prone to sucking oil in the cylinder.

I got it running today. New fuel line and filter and she fired right up. The bar and chain on it in the picture are not correct though, I switched it for a bar I had, although too long for it and it cut pretty good until the chain popped off. Still not sure why it did, but I will worry about that a different day.
What was wrong with the bar that was on it? They came with a 16" with 3/8's. I learned how to climb with Super EZs. They run well beyond their means. If you swapped to something with Lori, might be the reason for the chain jumping. I'm on my cell, but the bar in the pic looked correct.

What was wrong with the bar that was on it? They came with a 16" with 3/8's. I learned how to climb with Super EZs. They run well beyond their means. If you swapped to something with Lori, might be the reason for the chain jumping. I'm on my cell, but the bar in the pic looked correct.
The bar that was on it is one of those oregon adjustable bars that didn't fit right. I was able to get it working and the bar in this picture has since been changed.

Picked up a non-running HT101 pole saw today, paid $50. Guy said it won't turn over. I took it home and pulled the recoil apart and it was fine, pulled the plug and it cranked easy, put plug back in and it would lock up again.

Adjusted the valves to the proper gap and it it pulled over nice and easy. Put it back together, primed it a few times and she roared to life. It has a new Stihl bar and chain on it also.

It will need a few things, like an air filter, throttle cable, and the flywheel has 3 broken fins, so I may be replacing that soon. Also the shaft is really hard to pull out and push back in. Anybody know if there is a lubrication hole or some trick to doing this?

20200613_214229.jpg
20200613_214245.jpg

I did Some vehicle work for my neighbor and he left me this when he moved away. He had recently inherited a home and this was in the estate. He didn’t know anything about chainsaws and knew that I used them.
42646C84-A4AD-4EF2-B77B-434F87D4DA84.jpegE7FEB942-8536-49A5-8D59-581AF2BF8605.jpeg35FDD048-AA4F-45C5-9944-F38DFED029CC.jpeg
I had to fix a throttle trigger spring, carb kit, new 24” bar and chain. Had a 20” on it. Probably had several chains worth of use. P&C are great. Fires up on second pull every time.

Todays Facebook score, $150 for the 4, little more than I like to spend, BUT, what really makes it a you suck, I didn't find them or buy them, the ol lady did...

1a63df0d4cdeffd6aae6fed6bc348170.jpg

The 61's swede-o-matic even works... I really didn't need a second R30, or another 61, but oh well... LOL

Edit: The 61 is a runner, will need a fuel line, the R30 is a beast with that 16" bar and .404 chain, the 50 fired on prime, but I think needs crank bearings, the Stihl has good compression and spark but I haven't been able to make it pop yet.

Back