"You Suck" Thread 2020"--Pics required!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Picked up a saw I've heard good things about but have yet to run across. I pksted a wanted ad on Craigslist for broken saws and an older gentleman called me yesterday about this old Husqvarna he had, but couldnt remember the model.

Fully expecting a 400 series saw, I was very happy to see it was a 266 SE. Paid $30, its dirty but has compression, and spark. I pulled the muffler and it only has a couple minor marks, but not something that would keep if from running.

I poured gas in the spark plug hole and it ran until the gas was gone.

The fuel line is very soft, and the diaphragms are not as good as they could be. I think it will be an easy saw to get running.

20201005_103726.jpg

Traded a rebuilt 039, that I had a grand total of $50 in including the purchase price, for this.

I am not too familiar with the manufacturer, but it should be atleast as good as the Chinese aks out there.

20201005_191820.jpg

I just ran a few rounds through it and it ran flawlessly. This will be a nice addition to the collection. Im more of an AR guy, but have been missing the AK I had back in the day.

Not my best score but, not bad.

Ms660 arctic carcass with arctic flywheel and tank. Stihl 064 carcass with arctic flywheel and tank. 2 flat top 066 case sets. Flat top 066 plastics and 064 plastics + random other 1122 stuff.

All for $100

Attachments

• received_1257667927900808.jpeg
    received_1257667927900808.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 65
Picked this gem up from an old rancher. He claimed the fuel was leaking too bad. Offered him 70 dollars for it. Fuel problem was the line had come off the carb. Ten minutes later I had it running like new. Only other thing wrong is the lower handle mount separated at the rubber
e22892ec9f4ec6a6acecc0500b4bf58e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Picked this gem up from an old rancher. He claimed the fuel was leaking too bad. Offered him 70 dollars for it. Fuel problem was the line had come off the carb. Ten minutes later I had it running like new. Only other thing wrong is the lower handle mount separated at the rubber
e22892ec9f4ec6a6acecc0500b4bf58e.jpg

Not sure if that's a "you suck" or plain chainsaw robbery, lol
Nice score

Not sure if that's a "you suck" or plain chainsaw robbery, lol
Nice score

That fella said he got it for 65 dollars. Amazing. He had an 064 I debated getting as well. Ran the 020T in a tree today and am impressed, only thing I’ve ever ran are 192/193’s

That fella said he got it for 65 dollars. Amazing. He had an 064 I debated getting as well. Ran the 020T in a tree today and am impressed, only thing I’ve ever ran are 192/193’s

I wish I'd known how popular the older stuff where going to get back 8 yrs when I was working as a climber in my teens... there was a massive pile of old saws, trimmers, blowers, ect. at my boss's house that filled my dodge dakota 6.5 ft bed above the sides with small engines alone.
Mostly junk, and he paid me to haul them to the scrap yard after work... there where 4 200t's and several 020t's, along with a large number of mid- large stihl saws. 028, 038, and a couple 044/046's.
I still kick my self when I think of how much stuff tthere was. He was a horrible small engine mechanic, and he knew it. when something stopped running perfectly, we'd stop by the dealer on the way home & replace it... fixing wasn't even on his mind, so Most of it was almost certainly just cracked plastic, fuel line or carb trouble, and at worst a toasted jug.

I got my 500i with a 32 bar. Manual says prime it 8 times, i did the first time starting it, ran it ,shut it off for like 5 min, thought i would be a rebel and not prime and it started right up. Split and loaded up a nice load which took an hour and thought i would try to start with no prime, started right up. Next day i grabbed the start coard without priming, started right up.
Liking this saw.

This may earn me the "you suck at negotiating" award but here goes. Picked these up this summer. Guy asked 200, I offered 180, he passed as did I any further. Said he had others interested. Next day, he texted me and asked if I would be interested at $160. I said ok, maybe only a 15 minute drive each way so not a big deal. I felt like I probably could have said 150 but nine saws at 160 seemed good. There are 2 homelites plastic versions,1 older Homelite, 3 Stihls, 1 Echo, and 2 Poulans. There's extra chains and bars etc. I've only completed the Poulan 2300 the others are waiting for the dark season. g
The last 2 pics of are the finished 2300. I think I posted its ailment somewhere before. Fuel line, air filter, and a couple of starter cover broken bolts to drill and tap. Can't wait to climb and cut with it.

Attachments

• HOMEY 1 AND 2.jpg
    HOMEY 1 AND 2.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 51
  • HOMEY EZ 2.jpg
    HOMEY EZ 2.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 51
  • HOMEY EZ.jpg
    HOMEY EZ.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 49
  • ECHO.jpg
    ECHO.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 49
  • ECHO2.jpg
    ECHO2.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 48
  • POULANS.jpg
    POULANS.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 53
  • STIHL 032AV.jpg
    STIHL 032AV.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 57
  • STIHL 041 AND 031.jpg
    STIHL 041 AND 031.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 56
  • Poulan 2300_7_16_2020.jpg
    Poulan 2300_7_16_2020.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 54
  • Poulan 2300_7_16_2020 2.jpg
    Poulan 2300_7_16_2020 2.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 45
today found a near mint 372xpw oem 75cc full wrap west coast clutch cover and spikes .... 28 inch bar with 5 extra chains used but all in good shape, tool kit , new spark plug , oem manuals, gloves , and 1950's cool metal gas can guessing on era ......bout 1hr drive each way .... but i'd do it a thousand times over .....

Attachments

• thumbnail_imagejpeg_0.jpg
    thumbnail_imagejpeg_0.jpg
    210.8 KB · Views: 58
  • thumbnail_imagejpeg_0(1).jpg
    thumbnail_imagejpeg_0(1).jpg
    182.3 KB · Views: 62
Ok, now that is one of the best sucks of the you-suck thread. Congratulations.
Wait...there is more
It came along with this
20200704_160203.jpg
but I had to invest 50 bucks for new oiler and some AV mounts and piston rings. Now its my go to firewood saw to piss off my neighbours on sunday mornings.
I felt a little bad for getting them free, so I gave a doner guy a fine congnac.

Attachments

• 20200704_160203.jpg
    20200704_160203.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 19
Picked up a saw I've heard good things about but have yet to run across. I pksted a wanted ad on Craigslist for broken saws and an older gentleman called me yesterday about this old Husqvarna he had, but couldnt remember the model.

Fully expecting a 400 series saw, I was very happy to see it was a 266 SE. Paid $30, its dirty but has compression, and spark. I pulled the muffler and it only has a couple minor marks, but not something that would keep if from running.

I poured gas in the spark plug hole and it ran until the gas was gone.

The fuel line is very soft, and the diaphragms are not as good as they could be. I think it will be an easy saw to get running.

View attachment 859573
you seriously suck. :p

Stopped by my Stihl dealer and asked to see his junk pile, picked up a Pioneer 700, Homelite XL 850 and an Echo 750 Evl for $20 each.
He asked if I knew any Stihl collectors? He has an old, mint 041, in the original aluminum case with manuals. Said he will let it go for what he paid, $400.
kMKaqDB.jpg

jDE4xju.jpg

kMKaqDB.jpg

Stopped by my Stihl dealer and asked to see his junk pile, picked up a Pioneer 700, Homelite XL 850 and an Echo 750 Evl for $20 each.
He asked if I knew any Stihl collectors? He has an old, mint 041, in the original aluminum case with manuals. Said he will let it go for what he paid, $400.
kMKaqDB.jpg

jDE4xju.jpg

kMKaqDB.jpg
That pioneer ought to be a hoss at 107cc's!
Nice finds, staying true to form with the big cheap saws!

Latest posts

Back