"You Suck" Thread 2021"--Pics required!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That one looks nice
i got one once where the oil was put in the fuel tank.
i have a box full of parts if you need anything
I was looking at the two caps thinking that would be easy to do.
Thanks, when I tear it down i'll work out what's wrong. I'll probably get it going and donate to someone.
Tom.

Dropped off some Husky parts to a friend of mine this evening. Came home with this for free... Cylinders are 3120...
ab10bbb3e644b6865ec5e79fef05418c.jpg

Getting this for nothing. Apparently it's 'dead'. Looks to be in good nick.
WView attachment 920863ill find out tonight.
Got the saw running.
Pulled the muffler and piston is perfect.
The metering diaphragm was installed incorrectly.
The spark plug had barely any gap.
Corrected both faults and it runs perfectly.

So the other day I stopped at an estate sale. I left with with a disgustingly filthy Jonsered 630 for $10, among a few other things.
However, this 630 is a bit unusual. I'm hoping someone here can discern what exactly it is that I bought.

As you can see from the pics, someone has done what I'm assuming is some DIY ingenuity to the intake area. It looks like something to attach a cone air filter to? What's the purpose of this?
Despite how nasty the saw is, I think it'll still run. The compression still seems to be there, though I soon regretted pulling the cord a few times because of all the debris and crap that has fallen down into the carb area over the years. I didn't notice it until after the fact. I hope I didn't send too much of that stuff into the piston and cylinder, if any.
630-1.jpg
630-2.jpg
630-3.jpg
630-4.jpg

So the other day I stopped at an estate sale. I left with with a disgustingly filthy Jonsered 630 for $10, among a few other things.
However, this 630 is a bit unusual. I'm hoping someone here can discern what exactly it is that I bought.

As you can see from the pics, someone has done what I'm assuming is some DIY ingenuity to the intake area. It looks like something to attach a cone air filter to? What's the purpose of this?
Despite how nasty the saw is, I think it'll still run. The compression still seems to be there, though I soon regretted pulling the cord a few times because of all the debris and crap that has fallen down into the carb area over the years. I didn't notice it until after the fact. I hope I didn't send too much of that stuff into the piston and cylinder, if any.
View attachment 921667
View attachment 921668
View attachment 921669
View attachment 921670
That is one of the western/fireman models, I think. If I recall @Cantdog or @Jacob J. should know more about it. Cutters Edge was the name I was thinking of!
https://i.imgur.com/1DbDz.jpg

Its a velocity stack- meant for a green weenie pod air filter- the crap in is is because some nitwit ran it without any filter in place- so the velocity stack just acted as a funnel.
I'm sorry Bob, but I gotta disagree on one major point. That was not intended for a green weenie, it was meant to have the chopsaw-style filter shown above. Also, I believe some of the crud is just from it sitting, not necessarily from people running it without a filter.

I'm sorry Bob, but I gotta disagree on one major point. That was not intended for a green weenie, it was meant to have the chopsaw-style filter shown above. Also, I believe some of the crud is just from it sitting, not necessarily from people running it without a filter.
Could very well be- we dont see such "additions" over here, I was typing my reply while you were typing yours- you beat me to it.

Some nice scores y'all!

I'm a sucker for Craigslist free and tools. Check it every day or two. Came upon an 056 Super being sold as a parts saw. Claimed carb clean and/or kit (looks clean clean from outside) fuel line check/flush, and a new plug had been done recently, yet saw would not start.

I asked a couple questions. Single owner, light duty firewood saw cutting a couple cords a year for twenty years or so. Getting older, getting heavy, bought a smaller saw, done with the 056.

I say great, coming up for a supply run anyways, ill take it upon quick inspection. A gamble at $200, but down from the asking price and wouldn't go lower, as it just got posted.

No major or minor cracks, worn gas cap o-ring, mostly clean. Not much oil leak, has good compression by feel, everything looks good and the guy is cool. Good feel.

I bought it. My first Stihl.

I read up about the ignition issues prior. Figured worst case I could sell it and break even or a minimal loss. Worth the chance.

I took a few minutes outside in the thick smoke to piddle with it. Pulled the plug assuming at the least it was flooded. It was. Turned it up, pulled lightly, watched oil drip from cylinder. Emptied current gas and refilled while airing out. Replaced plug.

Pulled the cord and it fired on the first go! Flipped choke off and pulled again. The beast rumbled to life!

Tune was a little off from putting 50:1 in it. Light tweaking out of wood and it idles and burbles real nice. Oiler oils great. Air filter could use a light cleaning but everything looks to be in great shape cosmetically.

We'll see soon if it will run after it gets hot, or if there are issues. It might see some small firewood tomorrow. Think it has a 20" .404 b\c.

If this thing has some life left in it with minimal repairs, I'll be stoked. Revs so smooth out of wood!

Will post pics tomorrow when I hit some strong signal.

Guess I should post this not a saw but a generator . Spotted it on the side of the interstate near an on ramp . Champion 3100 inverter got some bruises but I’ve used it three times and so far it’s worked perfectly. Electric start even works. Guess someone didn’t lash it down to well on the camper . BC245595-F5C5-410C-BE79-305E05E37272.jpeg5209A2E6-E08C-4A46-8660-36D25F9ED56F.jpeg

Back