"You Suck" Thread 2021"--Pics required!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
F
Yeah would not trust the Aussie ones, they are as screwed up as the driveshaft in your avatar.
From a Jeep...'nuf said.
We had to drag them out...with Tacoma's
Thought of 'making' them a driveshaft out of a Hi-lift handle but got lazy. Dusy trail, 04Dusy '04 048.jpg

First post.

This was advertised on the local classifieds as a free saw, not running. I managed to get it and did the drop test with the pull starter. Immediately flopped to the ground with no ounce of compression. Bugger.
Took it home to take a better look and realised the compression release was open. Closed it and had great compression. Piston pristine.
Spark plug lead not connected properly, fuel tank hose split and perished. Fixed both and she fired up instantly. Seems like a fine saw. Metal case. I believe it's a Dolmar PS340.

Attachments

• Makita.jpg
    Makita.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 25
Pretty clean 359 with brand new top end. Decent deal for $160. Seller couldn't get it to rev up after the top end installed. Turns out this one had a restrictor plate installed. :ices_rofl:

Figured I should double check the rest of his work, so it's getting the base gasket removed and Dremel treatment to the ports while I'm in there.

1619814756784.png
1619814980052.png

Pretty clean 359 with brand new top end. Decent deal for $160. Seller couldn't get it to rev up after the top end installed. Turns out this one had a restrictor plate installed. :ices_rofl:

Figured I should double check the rest of his work, so it's getting the base gasket removed and Dremel treatment to the ports while I'm in there.

View attachment 904285
Near enough is good enough with those pesky gasket things, isn't it? As long as it is in there somewhere- call it good! :laugh:

So I got this MS230C Wood Boss today $100. Was told by the former owner that it wouldn't start and it felt like it had no compression.
I got it home after work and had a good look at it. I checked compression and spark. Both were perfect. Then removed the muffler thinking maybe cracked piston, it looks like new. So I tired for about 10 mintues to start all the while thinking that the recoil felt funny.
I decided to remove the clutch cover to find that he somehow jammed the chain and the sprocket. I simply backed it off, removed the chain. I then tried to start it again, BANG first pull and away it went.

Attachments

• 20210506_185055_resized.jpg
    20210506_185055_resized.jpg
    274.7 KB · Views: 43
  • 20210506_185059_resized.jpg
    20210506_185059_resized.jpg
    310.2 KB · Views: 32
  • 20210506_185124_resized.jpg
    20210506_185124_resized.jpg
    349.8 KB · Views: 43
  • 20210506_191750_resized.jpg
    20210506_191750_resized.jpg
    348.6 KB · Views: 48
  • 20210506_191746_resized.jpg
    20210506_191746_resized.jpg
    291.4 KB · Views: 50
Got this little Super EZ for $20... At this rate with how many Homelites I'm picking up, I'm going to need to rename myself to HomeliteKid. :laugh:
The saw has seemingly nothing wrong with it besides an upside down emblem, although I suspect there may be a tiny air leak somewhere, probably a crank seal starting to go.
Put your fuel and bar oil in, pull the cord a few times and it's off and running. After sharpening the chain I did a little cutting with it, and I have to say... Is it my imagination, or does this saw have more power than you think it should have? Cuts great.
Looking at an IPL, I noticed that a full wrap handle was available for this. It seems like a silly thing to have considering how small the saw is, but I kind of want one. Anyone here happen to have one laying around?
Super EZ-1.jpg
Super EZ-2.jpg
Serial for anyone who may know something about it
Super EZ-3.jpg

Got this little Super EZ for $20... At this rate with how many Homelites I'm picking up, I'm going to need to rename myself to HomeliteKid. :laugh:
The saw has seemingly nothing wrong with it besides an upside down emblem, although I suspect there may be a tiny air leak somewhere, probably a crank seal starting to go.
Put your fuel and bar oil in, pull the cord a few times and it's off and running. After sharpening the chain I did a little cutting with it, and I have to say... Is it my imagination, or does this saw have more power than you think it should have? Cuts great.
Looking at an IPL, I noticed that a full wrap handle was available for this. It seems like a silly thing to have considering how small the saw is, but I kind of want one. Anyone here happen to have one laying around?
View attachment 907086
View attachment 907087
View attachment 907088
Wraps are kinda uncommon, there's a complete EZ with one near me for $100, and I used to have a full wrap EZ but I sold it to someone on here. As for the power, I believe these are very high comp and reed valve to boot, so they have more grunt than most.

View attachment 907086
View attachment 907087
View attachment 907088
Also, the recoil spring is part of the emblem so the upside down emblem means someone "tightened" the recoil spring by 1/2 a turn.

Latest posts

Back