"You Suck" Thread 2021"--Pics required!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure it qualifies as a "you suck", but it was free- and I have never seen one before!
So kind of old and kind of rare.
Even better, pulled the plug- worked in some oil (been stored for at least 15 years), pulled the air filter, poured some fuel mix into the carb, pulled the choke and the old girl fired up!

Husky 35-1.jpegHusky 35-2.jpegHusky 35-3.jpegHusky 35-4.jpegHusky 35-5.jpeg

here's pics of the two big ones I got
Is the Wright a chainsaw or a reciprocating saw? I have a Wright i got a few years back from a garage sale. It makes a great door stop, and, from what I've learned, if you fully restore it, it will still make a great door stop! I still enjoy looking at it hanging from the rafters in my shed. O.

Is the Wright a chainsaw or a reciprocating saw? I have a Wright i got a few years back from a garage sale. It makes a great door stop, and, from what I've learned, if you fully restore it, it will still make a great door stop! I still enjoy looking at it hanging from the rafters in my shed. O.
Yep, it's the biggest of the Wright recip saws, 115 CC's. You see youtube vids and people rag on how slow they are, but they are not chainsaws, and weren't made to cut firewood, timber and such. Since the blade goes back and forth, it doesn't clear the saw dust like a chain does. You have to pull the saw back and forth to help clear the saw dust. What they WERE made for is commercial butchers and cutting large beams that need a straight, square cut. I posted pics of it on another farm tractor site and one of the guys told his Amish neighbor I had one, the neighbor asked him to find out if I had any butcher blades for it. He still used one for his beef cattle farm. As far as Mine, I leave it just inside my shop, on the floor. So, if any thief breaks in, hopefully he'll trip on it.

eggsplain that hood on your rover,, never seen such.....

Not just a spare tyre mount position- many had that, but this one is known as the deluxe pattern bonnet (in English speak the hood is the canvas roof of the soft top model). The same brackets can be found on the standard bonnets, but the deluxe model had the dish to sit the 7.50 X 16 wheel a bit deeper down and help with vision forward and down for the driver and was rounded over at the edges.

Not just a spare tyre mount position- many had that, but this one is known as the deluxe pattern bonnet (in English speak the hood is the canvas roof of the soft top model). The same brackets can be found on the standard bonnets, but the deluxe model had the dish to sit the 7.50 X 16 wheel a bit deeper down and help with vision forward and down for the driver and was rounded over at the edges.
And all of these years I thought that's where you sit for a cold one after a hard days work.

Got this for 200 new in box never even opened
I love my old Echo's, but, I'm not real up on the newer ones, so I did a search of the TW. It had a list of FAQ's. I wish I could have been the first to answer them.
1) Does this saw cut wood OK.
Yes, but it was really designed for I beams.
2) Is it hard to hold?
No, it has two handles, so if you use two hands, it's pretty easy to hold. If you try to hold it with you toes, it can be difficult.
I still think there should be a mandatory two day course for all new chainsaw purchase's. Kind of like a hunter safety course.

a99258682984e475aa3e65c4b72ac107.jpg

Umm yah... Need to make another trip for the parts and about a dozen more saws. It's 2.5 hours so not stacking stuff.
Price? There's 4 of them he wants fixed....

Edit: Verdict is, for complete saws today:
4 266's, 2 268's, 3 61's. A 162, 262, 480cd, and a 136.
6 630's and a 2149
2 046's, an 024, an 028WB, 028 Super, 038, 2 026's, 024 Super, MS391, an 020av, 2 08s's and an 051 AV.
2 XL1's, a Super Mini VI, and an SXL130.
A Mac Timberbear, and an Echo 1001VL.

a99258682984e475aa3e65c4b72ac107.jpg

Umm yah... Need to make another trip for the parts and about a dozen more saws. It's 2.5 hours so not stacking stuff.
Price? There's 4 of them he wants fixed....
I don’t think I see one but any chance there’s a Dolmar PS 9000 or 9010 and would you be interested in selling?

It’s not chainsaws but I acquired a wheel horse charger 12 automatic with a appearing function able sickle mower, cub cadet 106 with a working mower, Allison charmers 914 shuttle with mower ( bad head gasket) and a Allis charmers b110 that smokes with two mowing decks that I still have to pick up because I didn’t have enough room on the trailer.picked them all up for $250.67F9C8C8-C15F-47F9-B94F-BC37767F2985.jpeg31B7FE01-F683-4ABE-9FD0-829CCF67F10A.jpeg5E63E15E-2BF0-4E9D-A431-98090E2EC6CE.jpeg

It’s not chainsaws but I acquired a wheel horse charger 12 automatic with a appearing function able sickle mower, cub cadet 106 with a working mower, Allison charmers 914 shuttle with mower ( bad head gasket) and a Allis charmers b110 that smokes with two mowing decks that I still have to pick up because I didn’t have enough room on the trailer.picked them all up for $250.View attachment 895296View attachment 895297View attachment 895298
those allis's are bringing good money on ebay…………..

Been wanting one of these cuties since they came out...
Finally found one at the right price,in Canada.
Owned by a little old lady that upgraded to a cordless Stihl.
2014 model looks like new,very clean.
I bought a new saw once,this is the cleanest saw i have bought since then.
Winning this week
Besides the 150c,Got a 051 complete with a full wrap,my second 346 ever,this one has been modded to use a muffler from some other husky and is in rough shape,150e.jpg150f.jpg150d.jpg150c.jpg150.jpgand a 455 that has a bad bar stud.
Have another big old saw heading my way in the mail

Back