Young Mimosa tree

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wolverine7

Reaction score
Something is chewing the ends off of the branches, one whole limb is almost stripped, can't figure what is doing it.

Rabbits did that to part of the trunk and branches (young tree also) on mine a few years ago. I put hardware cloth (1/2 inch square mesh, in a 1.5 inch dia., 2 ft. tall ) wire mesh around my tree. No more damage after that, and it recovered nicely.

These trees can be invasive. I hope I don't regret planting it. It's 3 years old now and growing like a weed.

Sounds like Panda Bears, check under the bushes where they like to hide.

panda.jpg

Rabbits did that to part of the trunk and branches (young tree also) on mine a few years ago. I put hardware cloth (1/2 inch square mesh, in a 1.5 inch dia., 2 ft. tall ) wire mesh around my tree. No more damage after that, and it recovered nicely.

These trees can be invasive. I hope I don't regret planting it. It's 3 years old now and growing like a weed.

I have two of these trees. I don't think you'll regret planting it..nice shade trees and the Hummingbirds love them.
We do have new ones sprouting up around the house every spring, but no big deal...after a couple minutes walking around the house pulling them...no worries...

Back