Young Tree Guy with Bio Degree-Advice?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TreeInquirer

Reaction score
Hi everyone! Been reading these forums for a little while now and you all seem really knowledgeable about what you do, I've learned a lot listening in on all of you. I'd really appreciate any help you can give me with this:

I'm a college senior about to graduate from a good school with a B.S. in Biology. I really love trees and want to eventually break in as an ecologist but in all honesty my grades are average. I also have some "real" tree work experience (worked with a small & reputable company in Rochester, NY and worked as an assistant in an arboretum for a summer) and a work ethic for getting my hands dirty that I know most college kids don't have. I realize I'm really green, but what is a good way for me to leverage my degree and find good work (where I could preferably "use" my degree) when I graduate?

Again, I really appreciate any advice from you guys (sometimes I feel like the people here understand better than my professors).

Look into your state's Dept of Conservation. There may be forestry jobs there which would allow you to use your degree for land management and also afford you the opportunity to spend time in the woods.

Latest posts

Back