Your Arboriculture: Full or Partial

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Multi Choice - Which services do you offer - substantially?

• High canopy service with lifts or climbing

Votes: 33 91.7%
  • Cabling and bracing

Votes: 21 58.3%
  • Consulting for trees

Votes: 26 72.2%
  • Pesticide applications

Votes: 14 38.9%
  • Care of shrubs and vines

Votes: 24 66.7%
  • Fruit trees

Votes: 26 72.2%
  • Soil: drainage, ammendments, mulch, etc..

Votes: 20 55.6%
  • Full landscape consulting

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Planting of trees

Votes: 21 58.3%
  • Modify landscaping around trees and shrubs

Votes: 12 33.3%

• Total voters
You do realize that what you describe & the way you operate your biz is the same as that of a General Contractor?

If you sub work out you in essence are a GC, how can you say you`re anti GC?

LXT...........

Well lets take a look at your history and see what nature of background you are utilizing to arrive at these type of conclusions.

Let's start with soil.

How do you approach soil care?

Which are the most prevalent types of compaction in your area that would be important to keep in mind.

What would you consider the most practical practice in your area for soil conditions - the practice that most likely would do the most good, most of the time, for most people?

First off, hello everyone.

Do you climb?
Yes, I have specialized in hardwood crown reduction and dismantling fallen and wind blown trees.
Do you include ground level pruning and shrubs?
Yes.
Do you study the environment: both lawn, small plants and soil?
Yes, it is a very important element of the the work.
Do you apply pesticides?
Yes, where appropriate.
Do you select and plant trees?
Yes, although my experience is substantially with British (Scottish) indigenous species and cultivars.
Do you consult for trees?
Yes, but only after consultation with Arborist (my employer).
Do you consult for trees in the full landscape?
Yes.
How limited is your service based on the description above for aboriculture?
I'm really only a ground worker and climber, so my service, personally, is limited to pure hands on tree work. The company I worked for (until yesterday) provide a full Arboricultural and Landscaping service including environmental and ecological consultation.
With Vines, Shrubs - do you understand the arboriculture needs for them?
Yes, but I'm still learning.

:greenchainsaw:

WTF, do you ever answer the questions you`re asked? or do you just answer questions with questions?

What does SOIL have to do with the General Contractor question above?..........Nothing!!! you just go off topic to try to impress us with your book knowledge.......I have a library of information too that I can gloss through & ask questions about:dizzy:

Answer this, on your website theres a picture of you which appears you`re doing hand pruning or providing some form of inspection/care to an evergreen or a shrub, its hard to ID the specie or what is actually being done, On the ground is a stihl chainsaw looks like a 460? with a 24"+ bar......is that a prop? cause nothing there required use of a saw that big!!

I honestly think most of the work you speak of is done by others & you take the glory!!!!!! have the companies you refer jump on site here to back you up, cause I for one think you have a bladder full of hot air!!

Again I will pay your way to come up here to show me how good you are! Your site says you travel & Train!!! So come up & train us who dont know!! Manage us with your wisdom!! &BRING YOUR GEAR!!

enough BS, Man up & practice what you preach!!!

LXT........................this reply should be good

WTF, do you ever answer the questions you`re asked? or do you just answer questions with questions?

What does SOIL have to do with the General Contractor question above?..........Nothing!!!

Nahhhh....

Got a lot to do with it. Once we understand how you think things through from ground level to limb level, we may be able to understand your view of relationships between contractors or subcontractors.

In other words, there is no reason at this point to talk about what you believe about general contracting or subcontracting. Because it makes no sense - not yet. But with a close look at your side of the coin, things might become more clear.

Your view of contract relationships will be built on your belief system. And your belief system will be built on your knowledge system. And your knowledge system will be built on details.

So, back to the details, what is your approach regarding those aspects of soil? Post #43.

You express familiarity with canopies. Based on your familiarity with tree canopies, if an elderly couple asked you what type of evergreen conifers to use around their driveway for a thick forested canopy, which tree type would you suggest to best serve their needs?

Again, this will all eventually tie-in to the contracting discussion.

Last edited:
Ah lxt, quit feeding the trolls! Lol. No matter what you say, vaden will twist it around to stroke his ego.

But if you do get him to come out to teach you a few things, drop me a pm. The PA border is a short distance away and it may be worth the drive to see such a legendary god in action.

Ah lxt, quit feeding the trolls! Lol. No matter what you say, vaden will twist it around to stroke his ego.

But if you do get him to come out to teach you a few things, drop me a pm. The PA border is a short distance away and it may be worth the drive to see such a legendary god in action.

Hell if he musters up the courage, I will do that.....Wulf, Ill even put you up(room & board) But dont count on it! LOL.

I thought his website said he will travel & teach? I guess only for people that dont know anything that way he can BS his way through & feel good!!

Legendary God...LOL, thats a good one!! Hey Vaden My lawn needs cut, snow shoveled & Ill have a few plantings for ya, Ill even supply the SOIL then you can explain all aspects of it & its uses!!!

How much will it cost to get your Azz here with gear? I think you`re a joke, show up & prove me wrong!!

LXT...............LOL, he is a troll uhh?

Last edited:
Hey Vaden My lawn needs cut, snow shoveled

It was more essential for you to answer the questions in post #43 and post #48. If you don't know the answer, that's fine, just let us know. So far, it seems that you don't have an answer, but we don't have to clearly assume that.

As far as your lawn goes, what kind of maintenance schedule have you been on for it, and what species is it, that you have the need for lawn cutting and snow shoveling at the same time?

Has it been maintained?

What is the vernation of the grass?

The more we circumvent these questions, the longer it will be until your questions about contracting will be wrapped-up.

Last edited:
What a JACKASS way to avoid direct questions....read you own thread and answer the DIRECT questions you have been asked. you expect everyone to hang on every word you post and you cant even answer direct questions!

"when a man is all wrapped up in himself ... it makes for a very small package"

What a JACKASS way to avoid direct questions....read you own thread and answer the DIRECT questions you have been asked. you expect everyone to hang on every word you post and you cant even answer direct questions!

"when a man is all wrapped up in himself ... it makes for a very small package"

You seem very touchy.

No crisis, I didn't ask you the questions. If you feel that way, why wait around. No one needs to "hang" or sit in suspense waiting for what they feel is the right sentence.

LTX's ideals about contracting will hinge entirely on his perception of horticulture. After being on a contractor license board for 6 years, and seeing the communication gap within the experiential background of board members, I witnessed firsthand how the 7 (plus) individuals had to get into each other's background as an interpretation tool. It took up to a year sometimes.

What each of the contractors appointed to the board did professionally; how they did it and how much they did it, altered their views on contracting and the green professions.

From your response, I can see you do not understand why I'm taking this approach.

So as for a few of the questions I'll be involved in WOODCHUX, sit back in your seat and strap on your seat belt, because you don't know where to direct the nature of questions I'm listing. There is a reason for them, and the order in which they are being listed.

So far, I'm waiting for LTX to answers at least 3 small things:

Something soil related.

Something tree selection related.

Something turf related.

Last edited:
Why not show up in person & teach me? I said Ill foot the bill!! That way when you ask me a question here I will have obtained your knowledge through teaching & be able to answer it correctly According to you!!

C`mon Vaden....Man up!! YOU DO TEACH RIGHT? or is what you say on your website FALSE ADVERTISEMENT?

LXT...........

Latest posts

Back