Your Biggest F@#k Up.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was following a excavator building road. He was pushing over the oversized fir. And I was bucking off root wads.

Got my saw pinched in the first 4 trees. Each time radio the Ho to come help me.
That is awesome! Thanks for sharing.

The city cut down some huge black locust trees and left the logs all trimmed up and looked like great firewood to me. Wasn’t allowed to split them between the curb and road in town. So I cut 16-18” cookies and was going to roll them on the trailer. Holy heaviness!! Got two up on the trailer and had 20 plus to go. The city workers were cleaning up brush piles with loader tractor grapple bucket. Saw me and asked if I wanted help some help. Those nice gentleman loaded the rest up for me ;)

I was out of work for over a year, the wood chips were flying, the firewood business was going full bore. I was looking at a timberjack skidded for $1,200 needed rebuilding. Then I was offered the engineering tech job with corporate benefits. I loved working outdoors cutting trees. The misses says take the tech job, more $$ great benefits. I stayed cutting treees part time I just couldn’t give it up. It’s being happy with your job or hating it, I hated working indoors.

Back in the eighties I was a foreman for CN Signals.We were staying in the hotel on wheels which is a self contained string of sleeping cooking wash car storage etc that moves on wheels on the railroad..We were in the siding at a remote village in Northern Ontario our vehicles were about a quarter mile away.
It was around 45 below zero and the vehicles were not plugged in.I told the boys to take the portable generator in where it was warm then to take it down and start my Ford truck first .I got there just as they started it I got in rolled the window down and instructed the boys to be very careful with the generator as it was our life line .The nodded and said for sure they would.I rolled up the window turned on the heat and drove right over the generator in front of my truck.They teased me for months I took it well It was one of my dumbest moves.
Kash

I was out of work for over a year, the wood chips were flying, the firewood business was going full bore. I was looking at a timberjack skidded for $1,200 needed rebuilding. Then I was offered the engineering tech job with corporate benefits. I loved working outdoors cutting trees. The misses says take the tech job, more $$ great benefits. I stayed cutting treees part time I just couldn’t give it up. It’s being happy with your job or hating it, I hated working indoors.
About a year ago I literally walked out of a newly promoted “management position” in my last career. Now I run heavy equipment with a bit of saw work mixed in.

Can’t put a price on happiness

Back