Your favorite saw to run

• Thread starter Deleted member 149229
  • Start date
Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I run mostly Shindaiwa saws. Although I cut mostly small stuff and run the smaller saws a lot more, I always like to crank up a 577. Handles anything I can feed the 20" bar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My 520 hasn't been touched since the dealer started and tuned it the day I brought it home. Absolutely my favorite saw. It's been so good I can't bring myself to do any mods. Why mess with a good thing.

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk
I thought the 520 was very average at best stock. Not impressed compared to a 400 with mm. Broke out the pea shooter tube in the muffler and tuned. Wow it screams. Totally different saw.

Definitely stihl 150. It makes me giggle how much can be done with that little toy saw.
Everything I own has its place, but that little saw cuts way more than its share.
I love the lil 150 also. Goes in the car with me. Takes up little room and like you said. Cuts more than it should.

I thought the 520 was very average at best stock. Not impressed compared to a 400 with mm. Broke out the pea shooter tube in the muffler and tuned. Wow it screams. Totally different saw.
I've heard great things about the 400. May have to look into one. All the Echo's definitely have some extra power to be found and dead reliable.

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

Stihl 020 for the branches, Stihl 034 Super for the rest - 2 saws I can can cut with all day...

I do have a number of bigger saws for bigger stuff but not much use for them at the moment. There will be some milling in fall, though.

One saw (family) that always puts a smile on my face is the 82 cc Mac 10-series. :)

For my everyday use I love the older Sachs Dolmar 120SI or 6800I saws.
Great power, fun to run and they get the job done. But if you really want
to run a fun saw, Go north of 7 cubes and now your gonna have some fun.
SD166, Mac, 797, Mac 125, Homelite 2100, 3100, and the Holy grail
Mcculloch 101 powered kart saws. They are a hand full and a hoot to run.

I have several saws that I like to run, but have a couple ladies for neighbors that are always ******** when I cut toward the back of their houses. That is when I drag out an old Remington PL 4 to use. Man, that thing is so loud I have to wear ear plugs under my ear cups. About 6:30 a.m. is about the right time to start work.

Latest posts

Back