Your favorite saw to run

• Thread starter Deleted member 149229
  • Start date
Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If we are talking the older collection then it has been the 056magII I got somewhat recently. It is a beast and it has been known to eat through a group of bionic beavers. But then I also have the snellerized 046 which is a hoot and holler. But that all metal 056 is just old school grunt and I can't get enough

Yep, I like how they'll spray a 20 foot stream of wood chips running .404 chain!

IMG_1321.JPG

For years I have been saying that my Stihl MS 361 is my favorite saw of all. However, I just bought a Husky 257 from one off our members here. Now I'm torn between two saws. And, for lighter tree work and logs less than 16" dia., my Husky 353 is too hard to turn down. Stihl, please forgive me, but the Swedes have now got me by the throat.

i haven't used my MS362C enough, so my 025 is my favorite at this time. It's just a better saw than it's supposed to be.
I sold a Stihl 025 in June that I spent hours rebuilding and another one two years ago that ran fine. I have offered to buy them back for $150 apiece. The owners have both told me, "No entire way. It's mine now."

I sure like my Husky 288 for big logs. Otherwise I've used my Stihl MS290 for years. More recently I get a lot of pleasure with my Jonsereds 70E and is really a smooth runner. Got it at a scrap yard and fixed 'er up.
Seems like older saws give me the "feels good/sound great" when cutting. I enjoy using an older tool that should not be thrown away vs. have something that is newer and shinier.

038 mag when I was younger, then I got into Husqvarna and well 346xp 372xp and my 335xpt is an absolute awesome saw! and now a little dolmar 510 is finding its way into my hands more often for firewood detail 335xpt is #1
Maybe time to update your name? [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back