Your never to old

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J.Walker

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
My partner and I arrive this morning at 9:00 am to trim some trees for a lady.
She comes out of her cottage in a swin suit and water ski vest and shows us what she would like to have done. Just a she finishes, we hear a horn sounding.
She says her ride is here and she has to go. She goes out to the end of the dock, sits down, puts on one ski and shes gone in tow by a ski boat.
My partner and I are standing there with our mouths wide open!
It was not the swin suit tho.
She is 74 years old.... and knows how to take care of herself.

A important lesson... You gota to take care of yourself..

My partner and I arrive this morning at 9:00 am to trim some trees for a lady.
She comes out of her cottage in a swin suit and water ski vest and shows us what she would like to have done. Just a she finishes, we hear a horn sounding.
She says her ride is here and she has to go. She goes out to the end of the dock, sits down, puts on one ski and shes gone in tow by a ski boat.
My partner and I are standing there with our mouths wide open!
It was not the swin suit tho.
She is 74 years old.... and knows how to take care of herself.

A important lesson... You gota to take care of yourself..

I'm a firm believer..
The longer ya live, the better ya get !!!

I should try to practice that myself.

The old guy who taught me the tree biz was 74 when he finally retired and stopped climbing. I used to work with this guy when I was in my early 20's - and I could not keep up with him or his energy. Wow...

Last year I was helping a friend, who owns a tree company, haul his elk out of the woods. I will be darned if this old cowboy who was easily in his 60's did show me up. He grabbed a front elk quarter all by himself and swing it over his shoulder. He was about 5'9" and 150 lbs. Not sure how many of you have ever done this but it is fairly difficult and very hard work. About the same or harder than hauling 100-130 lb logs for nice quarter mile walk.

After he grabbed the front, I grabbed a rear ham which weighs about the same but much more stable to carry. We got to the truck about the same time but but he had 35+ years on me.

Back