YouTube find-Valentine Logging

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OlympicYJ

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
[video=youtube;CzGbmH61dhU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzGbmH61dhU&feature=relmfu[/video]

Found this on YouTube today while I was pokin around. Some have seen it I'm sure.

Maybe Tramp even logged for him? lol :msp_tongue:

Significance for me is that Valentine was originally from my area lol

Last edited:
[video=youtube;CzGbmH61dhU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzGbmH61dhU&feature=relmfu[/video]

Found this on YouTube today while I was pokin around. Some have seen it I'm sure.

Maybe Tramp even logged for him? lol :msp_tongue:

Significance for me is that Valentine was originally from my area lol

Great find!

Thanks,

Hal

I loved that when the guys were drinking at the bar and meanwhile the others were listening to a piece of "Sound of Music".

I guess the TV crew didn't have nerve to go ahead and ask the family guys would you rather be here or at the bar with the pards?

Hey Samlock!

I heard that we are going to get something new from Finland--Wrestling to accordion music! I was listening to the Canadian show last night, and they were even playing the music. They said the accordionist must watch the eyes of the wrestlers in order to play well.

Whoda thunk it? It might go over well on the UP and Up Nort Wisconsin.

Oh? I know that accordion is played in a province called Pohjanmaa during the wrestling matches in order to hide the farting noises. And now it's exported?

Huh, a mad world this is, isn't it?

That one's done the rounds, I think that vid is nearly 30 years old. From memory they packed up shop a while ago, maybe 5 or 6 years back? Seems a real shame.

Shaun

That one's done the rounds, I think that vid is nearly 30 years old. From memory they packed up shop a while ago, maybe 5 or 6 years back? Seems a real shame.

Shaun

My bad lol. He went broke a long time ago way more than 5 years. early 90s I believe. He was worth 25 mill I hear. Lost everything practically over night. He bought big into Skagit yarder and supposedly what broke him.

Good 'Ole Southeast

Wow! The last time I saw this I was still in high school. Made me want to go to AK for sure!

Ended up going to Thorne Bay (...just down the road from Coffman) back in '85. Valentine was on his way out by then...end of an era for sure, but I still remember those ten bushel Spruce.

Shaun

actually Valentine has been gone from Coffman Cove since 88 I think. I didn't start in Coffman until 91.
I don't think I ever met them. They sure had some good timber there.

To put things in perspective, that little kid fishing with Heraldo is probably real close to 40 years old now.

actually Valentine has been gone from Coffman Cove since 88 I think. I didn't start in Coffman until 91.
I don't think I ever met them. They sure had some good timber there.

Thanks for the strait tramp! I knew it wasn't no 5yrs ago but wasn't sure how long ago lol

Back