Yup, this is wood heat weather.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We've had three days of rain here in South Louisiana...what is that white stuff called again? It is cooling off throughout the day today and we are supposed to break a low here in Baton Rouge at 42. Child's play compared to what y'all are getting with this system in the North, but it is nice to be able to light backyard fires still here in May. Usually it feels like early summer by this time here!

Alright Iowa...:angry:

Looks like some of your YUK managed to oooze its way down here....

Take it back please... My pear trees can't handle much more of this stuff... :msp_angry:

attachment.php

White Spider, how did your help turn out?

25 miles NNW of Rochester MN. Sunday 77 degrees and sunny. Wife, kids and i were out cleaning up the west tree line. We all got sunburned. Decided to grill for supper (we ate outside too).

Thursday morning woke up to the following scene.

View attachment 293559View attachment 293560View attachment 293561

It is still raining/sleeting. It is supposed to turn over to all rain tonight and tomorrow and possibly dry out a bit by Monday.

rampaging-sloth

Help arrived and I’m fine… back at the office now.

I had a customer (a bank), about 40 miles southwest of here, with a wireless system down and in need of emergency repair, otherwise there ain’t no way I’d have been out in that. Something went south in the charging system on the van, drained the battery, and gave me no warning (friggin’ idiot-lights… give me gauges any day). I was never in much danger from the weather… I grew up here… I had enough insulated clothes stowed away in the van to hold-out for days if need be. My main concern, as Del mentioned, was getting smashed into by some other idiot driving too fast to see me sitting there. Without the cell phone it would have been a bit more dire as I wouldn’t have been able to call for immediate help; I would’ve had to sit and wait for someone to pass by (which didn’t happen for the hour and a half I was sitting there)… or take the risk of walking hoping for a farmhouse close (turns out there was one just ¾ mile up the road).

For those of you who have never had the pleasure of being stranded in a “whiteout”, or, for that matter, never seen a “whiteout”, I snapped a couple of pictures out the windshield while waiting for help.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Alright spidey, that's enough winter pics! Ya bringin us down man! Here's what we had here in the snow belt today. (80*)
This is the farm across the road. They've been workin ground, haven't seen any planting yet View attachment 293623
Maybe you'll get to see some of these sometime in the next couple months :hmm3grin2orange: View attachment 293624 My best crop yet, BTW!

EDIT: I see the date needs to be reset on the camera...:laugh:

Last edited:
Just to add insult to injury...
The new tires for my golf cart ('74 gas powered Harley, used as a (summertime) pleasure/utility vehicle... and yeah, it hauls firewood to the fire pit) arrived yesterday...
Like there's any chance that will be needed in the near future...

************************************************************************************

Maybe, just maybe, this has been the last cruel joke to be played on us by 'ol Man Winter.
Checking-out the online (so-called) experts, looks like temps will rebound into the 50's today, 60's tomorrow, and even a chance for something just short of 80[sup]o[/sup] mid-week (might get to use that hammock).
I ain't holdin' on to any hopes or makin' any plans this time... I won't believe it 'til I see it!!

Last edited:
blackberry winter :)

Not quite, it's been so friggin' cold the blackberries haven't even budded-out yet, let-alone bloom!!
Blackberry Winter refers to a late-spring cold snap (when the blackberries are in bloom)... we ain't had any spring yet!!
Nothing is in bloom... heck, nothing has leaves... ain't even seen a single dandelion yet!!
It'll likely be June before we could have a "Blackberry Winter" (and the way things have been it wouldn't surprise me one single bit).

Last edited:
Lmao, that's the poorest damn excuse for a white out I've ever seen.

Thanks for the chuckle. Lucky you had radials......

Latest posts

Back