• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy zama c3m s5e

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Welder56

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Looking for a replacement carb for my stihl 044. It's a zama c3m s5e. It's kinda a hard find. Figured this is probably one of the best places to shoot an ad out.

Pm me if you have one and would part with it.
Thanks
Colin.

Heres a walbro,i also i have a pile of ms440 carbs not sure if either will work for you but food for thought

Attachments

• 1413127648905.jpg
    1413127648905.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 22
I don't think it will work. I don't have the HD filter. So the carb can't have the big air intake like this one

images.jpg
Has to be more like this
images(1).jpg

Thanks so much for the reply though

Should also mention after looking at the ipd it seems like it's the oldest model that they used :( so of course it's hard to find. It would be no problem if I had the HD filter set up. Dealer said the replacement carb is a tillotson and it's a $133 + tax :eek:. Figured I would try here before I swallow that large pill

I take it the silicone fix didn't work or did you not even bother? Feel free to PM me once you have it all sorted out and we'll see what we can do about moving it west.

Gary

Nah the silicone didn't work. I might try epoxy next on the outside haha. I would like to have a good one and keep the the bad one as a spare. To be honest I've had a change of heart on selling the 044. I had a rifle in mind and decided to let the rifle pass because this is my baby ( of the chainsaw world) but everything's for sale at the right price haha

Well if all else fails let me know if you want to convert it i can help with that as well

Back