Zama to walbro?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Modern Marvel

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
To get to the point quickly I favor a walbro carburetor over a Zama just my personal preference but the question I have is there some kind of a reference chart to go off of or a table of contents somewhere that gives you a model number to a walbro for purposes of changing from a zama. Google has not been helpful from any of the searches I've done so any helpful commentary on this matter would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

What saw are you trying to swap carbs on? Often they used both depending on the production year and it's just a matter of figuring out which walbro carb they used and what parts are different.
Husqvarna 55 and the official site says zama which is what is on it and I have never been fond of zama carbs I've also never had the production life out of them as I have a walbro

What saw are you trying to swap carbs on? Often they used both depending on the production year and it's just a matter of figuring out which walbro carb they used and what parts are different.
And also I'm wanting to swap out the zama carbs on both of my 2... 326l pro string trimmers.(zama to walbro)

I'm also getting completely frustrated with Google and any online search for this kind of thing ,especially when searching for certain carburetors. I always end up with a search result of carb rebuild kits and I'm not even wanting a rebuild kit I'm wanting a carburetor and carburetor information. That's the internet for you I guess I'm not to computer savvy

On an lnfo listing I have for husky 55 it lists Walbro WT170/1have no idea iif this is a swap for the Zama fitted ,there is cross ref listiing on google if you put in walbro/zama cross ref

I think what I'm trying to get at is , is there a walbro carb equal to every zama carb or vice versa and a chart with every Zama carb and model number that has the equivalent walbro carb model number. I would basically like to get rid of all the Zama carbs that are on half of my equipment and trade it out for a walbro instead because they are in my experience a better carburetor. Except for , I think 2 zama's I have that are originally japanese-made. Those of course I've never had any problems with, only the ones that say China on it have given me issues

I think what I'm trying to get at is , is there a walbro carb equal to every zama carb or vice versa and a chart with every Zama carb and model number that has the equivalent walbro carb model number. I would basically like to get rid of all the Zama carbs that are on half of my equipment and trade it out for a walbro instead because they are in my experience a better carburetor. Except for , I think 2 zama's I have that are originally japanese-made. Those of course I've never had any problems with, only the ones that say China on it have given me issues
I'm not sure there is a direct change on every application If the saw was in it's production period fitted with carbs fron Walbro, Zama, or Tillottsen there will be a carb #from the company of interest in your case Walbro I can only suggest you look up the make/model of kit & if possible get the #from the fitted Zama carb & cross ref to Walbro it my work the other way around & you will have to look at the Zama # & reverse cross ref back to Wallbro.

I'm not sure there is a direct change on every application If the saw was in it's production period fitted with carbs fron Walbro, Zama, or Tillottsen there will be a carb #from the company of interest in your case Walbro I can only suggest you look up the make/model of kit & if possible get the #from the fitted Zama carb & cross ref to Walbro it my work the other way around & you will have to look at the Zama # & reverse cross ref back to Wallbro.

Yes that is correct as I have emailed a few of the direct Managers from walbro and there are a few carburetors that were applied to certain models throughout their production time and while walbro does not always have the exact fit they do have a base carburetor that will work and the only thing that will have to be done is some custom work too throttle arm choke arm accessories swamped out with ones that will be acceptable fit for that specific carburetor and specific unit it's being applied to. More or less it can be done it comes down to how much am I willing to spend I'm asking and how much do I want to fabricate just to get the application I want. as far as a reference to cross reference chart there are none currently from walbro there are only manufacturer charts for every model that company makes and what carburetor was used at what time for what model. Thank you little Al for your help.

Back