ZC Fireplace thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

planman

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Anybody else heating full time with a ZC fireplace ? If so, what make model and hows your winter, cords burned, burn times etc?

Magnum / inglenook

Nice, mine is the new version of this called the inglenook. I have it installed the same way in the living room with picture windows on either side. Do you have it vented to other rooms? Ive got about 1100 sq foot open kit,liv, dinning room that mine keeps at 75 plus no matter what temp it gets to. Upstairs is 65. Im thinking of cutting some vents in the ceiling to upper floor

TEW

Ours is not connected to the HVAC if that's what you're asking. We do run the furnace blower in circulation mode (low speed) full time though.

Cooking in fireplace

I replied to your prior 2010 posting on how to cook on the grill. I have a 4 cubic foot box so i ran a line of half firebrick against the back wall then I burn some cherry on the left side cook rib steaks on the right using a grill placed on top of the back 1/2 brick and the front log retainer bar. Ive got a great rib steak in about 5 min.

Back