Zee Fur Lunch! Did my Bar ship Yet!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
088 Frenchfrier

John,
Steve here... If your inquiring about the Oregon bar ...I shipped it 42 years ago...You haven't recieved it yet...I don't know what happened...The mail man picked it up before I was born!!!
Steve

Nice bar Steve

I have been needing to get a shorter bar for my top handle Solo 633 climbing saw... maybe we can work a trade huh! Wrist hurting with this one.

Jeff

Last edited:
My Uncle always said you shouldn't pull any more chain than youy need to, looks like I'll have to find some saplings for next years Baraboo contest so Steve has something to cut. The 090 could run a pretty big sprocket with that short of a bar.

I guess I can't really say why, but I have in mind John's statement about a saw being able to cut a tree with a diameter equal to the total length of the bar/saw combo.  There must be some reasonable limits to that rule...

Glen

Hey Steve, John here, did you ship yet? What's the tracking #. Where is it? Will it arrive yesterday? I'm freaking, ready to go Postal, and why wouldn't I be?
John

John,
Steve here... The sawbar shipped months, I mean years ago... I have a phone number but no tracking number...call 8675309 ask for Jenny, she will be able to help...
But anyhoo, thanks for the fat as s check...I was able to buy another new bar for my limbing /climing saw...It's really light as a feather with this bad boy on it.
Steven

60's vintage Oregon saw bars

John,
Steve here...
Had my buddy Matt mill out the saw bar in the pic to fit the large saws...Seems to oil fine..Very smooth.... The rail is 4/10 deep, but still seems to oil good..
On the 066 the bar didn't seem to oil very well, the oil hole is at the bottom of the groove and the chain couldn't grab it and drag the oil down the bar.
Steve

The machining on these old saw bars is awesome, the rails are smooth with no tooling/chatter marks , compared to an off the shelf Rollomatic ES, which is a little rougher, and the tails are so much smaller

Hey Steve, I set the RSII up last nite after my friend welded a stand for it. I need work in the grinding department. I am sure a after several ruined chains I will get the hang of itand the bulb works. I will say you did a hell of a job in the boxing dept. Plus the wheel was dressed right up.
Thanks again.

Back