zen like moment!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whiting-5

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
well last night about 11:00 pm it happened geting ready for bed checked on the kids all tucked in they were sawin logs. dog sound asleep wife to. went outside to load stove ground frozen clear sky about 25 degrees almost full moon no wind blowing looked at the smoke stack belchen out smoke straight up, moon in the background stood there for couple of minutes just listening to the forest could hear deer beding down , owl hootin,looked up my hill to my wood stack and thought this is what its all about its not easy living like we do sometimes but would not trade it for city life again.went in to the house comfy 73 degress went to bed woke up start the day again kids fightin wife wavin the honey do list, dog draggin nother deer carcus home . its all good though:)

Yup, I cant count the deer hides that the dogs drag in around here every year. And yes the kids are always bickering and the wife is always wanting something done. Sounds like Tennessee life aint much different from Kentucky living, LOL.:cheers:

be very thankful.

i left Blount county Tn in 2004.i miss it dearly.i hope to be back in 5 years or less if i'm lucky.

never leave the south is all i can tell you.

Mine is taking a leak and not having to worry about neighbors, looking up at the same time and say cant get any better then this.....

well last night about 11:00 pm it happened geting ready for bed checked on the kids all tucked in they were sawin logs. dog sound asleep wife to. went outside to load stove ground frozen clear sky about 25 degrees almost full moon no wind blowing looked at the smoke stack belchen out smoke straight up, moon in the background stood there for couple of minutes just listening to the forest could hear deer beding down , owl hootin,looked up my hill to my wood stack and thought this is what its all about its not easy living like we do sometimes but would not trade it for city life again.went in to the house comfy 73 degress went to bed woke up start the day again kids fightin wife wavin the honey do list, dog draggin nother deer carcus home . its all good though:)

My wife and I walked out to the mailbox and had one of those moments tonight. Half moon, some clouds, lots of stars in between. Lots of quiet except for nature. Looking down on the Sacramento Valley and all those lights down there we were thinking about how nice we have it.
Dok

Mine is taking a leak and not having to worry about neighbors, looking up at the same time and say cant get any better then this.....

If I can't take a whiz off my front porch anytime of the day or night, I'm not living in the right place.

Had mine Saturday evening, same deal, smoke rising straight up out of the stack, wind had calmed down, moon out, toasted with a few sips of wild Turkey American honey....we need a Zen smiley!

That was my Sunday

iowawoodcutter I had one of those days yesterday, went to hooters....

It was a good day, killed a deer in the morning (good size doe), spent money at Menard's (a couple of boards and sandpaper) and went to Hooters for cold beer, wings, and Football

Latest posts

Back