• Please be aware that we have recently gotten a wave of users that, when researched, are found to be from Nigeria. They are trying to sell products and asking to be paid through Zelle or Venmo leaving users with no recourse if they don't ship the product. If you suspect this activity please contact admin and we will research their information to verify their location.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Peak Industries

ziddercough

lindnova

lindnova

ArboristSite Operative
No safety gear; doing everything unsafe; beating the crap out of his machine; pulling his own tooth. I wonder how much money he gets from History. If that is the way he operates all the time it is a wonder he is still alive.

TheBrushSlasher

TheBrushSlasher

I have chainsaws and chainsaw accessories.
Even if he only works that way for the show it's a wonder he's still alive but I'd imagine his operation that way all the time. The person on that show that I would trust dropping a tree would be Shelby.

Woos31

Woos31

Addicted to ArboristSite
Shelby has cut trees.........it's scary too! One in particular he butchered da hell out of it, shot da hell out of it with his .44, then used the barrel of said .44 pistol in the back cut to pry on the tree so it would tip over!

I think zitterkopf is realated to that goober with no front teeth (DJ) that used to set chokers for J.M. Browning then went to Rygarrd........ both straight up jelly heads

lindnova

lindnova

ArboristSite Operative
Shelby did drop a big dead cypress one time. I agree for how crazy he is he seems to know what he is doing and seems to be hamming it up for the camera also. I wouldn't want to fall off into the wheels of his swamp buggy!

lindnova

lindnova

ArboristSite Operative
Shelby has cut trees.........it's scary too! One in particular he butchered da hell out of it, shot da hell out of it with his .44, then used the barrel of said .44 pistol in the back cut to pry on the tree so it would tip over!

I think zitterkopf is realated to that goober with no front teeth (DJ) that used to set chokers for J.M. Browning then went to Rygarrd........ both straight up jelly heads

That's the one. Who would use that .44 to wedge a tree over if it weren't for a camera?
Agreed on those two!

Jim Timber

Jim Timber

1/4 bubble off
I don't know man... With his lack of dental care, I don't think he's doing all that well in the biz. You do make a valid point about his still being alive though. :laugh:

Is he lucky, or good? I'd rather be lucky than good. ;)

madjoe

madjoe

ArboristSite Member
Zittercough has to be putting on an act for the show.. Anybody that unprofessional wouldn't be able to get work, or be dead.
I agree. No hardhats, chaps or safety glasses. Running wild thru the woods with a 450 rancher calling themselves loggers. The most annoying people I have ever seen. Makes us actual loggers look bad.

Jim Timber

Jim Timber

1/4 bubble off
I agree. No hardhats, chaps or safety glasses. Running wild thru the woods with a 450 rancher calling themselves loggers. The most annoying people I have ever seen. Makes us actual loggers look bad.
I don't think anyone looks at that crew and thinks they're pro on any level. Dropping trees on a skid trail. 5,000 bucks for beetle kill pine. Kids who can't drive the log truck out of the woods... None of it is professional. I'm curious how the producers managed to find them. Casting call for comic relief, only the guys were a little too into their roles?

There's a strong argument that they're trying to ham it up for ratings. There's also a strong argument that the dad is a junkie. Too hard to say with how the producers edit things to read out on the tv. Whenever you edit footage of an event, you pretty much direct reality to your view of what you want it to be.

madjoe

madjoe

ArboristSite Member
I don't think anyone looks at that crew and thinks they're pro on any level. Dropping trees on a skid trail. 5,000 bucks for beetle kill pine. Kids who can't drive the log truck out of the woods... None of it is professional. I'm curious how the producers managed to find them. Casting call for comic relief, only the guys were a little too into their roles?

There's a strong argument that they're trying to ham it up for ratings. There's also a strong argument that the dad is a junkie. Too hard to say with how the producers edit things to read out on the tv. Whenever you edit footage of an event, you pretty much direct reality to your view of what you want it to be.
You're right. I just saw them tonight. The dad was teaching the son to climb. The son looks high as a kite during his little one on one interviews. Then when they showed up to do actual work, I noticed the son climbing in what looked like some type of skater tennis shoes.

066blaster

066blaster

Addicted to ArboristSite
Either he's a total idiot, or a professional stunt man. Looks like he might have broke his leg at the end of this episode. Shelby too, its a miracle he's still alive.

And those morons want to climb every tree and limb it....idiots

Jim Timber

Jim Timber

1/4 bubble off
I only have pay tv at the FIL's cabin (which is across the street from my land), so I catch up on my Axmen when I'm up there working. Been home the past 6 weeks, so I'm a bit behind on this season's shenanigans.

I used to watch the show hoping to gleam a bit of insight how big outfits run a contract. LOL That was a long time ago. Now I just watch to see if anyone loses body parts or drives a skidder off a cliff. I've been cutting trees about 9 years, and the first 3 were Johnny homeowner level. I stepped up my game about 5 years ago and I'm still a weekend warrior by dollars involved, and wood on the ground, but I'd go against Zitterkopf head to head any day. Just as long as I'm not in the same section - I don't want to die in the process. :eek:

I think Shelby's hamming it for the cameras. When James Sr croaked on the swamp loggers (the dude who yelled at his kid the whole time he was on the screen), I think they had a shift in programming and the other crews have been producing more BS drama to fill the void. Axmen has become as worthless as American Choppers was to bike building. No substance.

fordf150

fordf150

ArboristSite.com Sponsor
I noticed the son climbing in what looked like some type of skater tennis shoes.
no tv at my house but was over at my moms place lastnite and watched that....was just about screaming at the tv when i saw the tennis shoes.

Sad part to that show is that allot of people think them guys are an actual representation of loggers

madjoe

madjoe

ArboristSite Member
no tv at my house but was over at my moms place lastnite and watched that....was just about screaming at the tv when i saw the tennis shoes.

Sad part to that show is that allot of people think them guys are an actual representation of loggers
Oh I know how you feel. People in TV Land think that's what loggers look like. Then see us and think we are putting in a front or playing dress up. It kills me. I'm also afraid some young kid will see that stupid crap and try to reenact it and get killed because of the lack of gear on there.