zig zag

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got the dual ascender Eddie the Ascentree and it is just a genius invention, had it maybe 5 or more years. Haven't had much trouble with my Pantins. All this stuff is slick, not just Petzl.

I am gonna try just the marbar hand ascenders didn't care much for the foot deal , I am just disappointed with how the rope spits on the pantin but it may have been me now I step and push my foot behind me much better

I got the dual ascender Eddie the Ascentree and it is just a genius invention, had it maybe 5 or more years. Haven't had much trouble with my Pantins. All this stuff is slick, not just Petzl.

That ascentree thing does look pretty sweet. I was looking into those a handful of years ago. I had a pretty good footlock back in the day, but the stupid prussic cord was always a pita - would get a bad wrap on the boots, and have to set my weight on the cord to regroup... then, by the time I would get back to the prussic and loosen it, all the rhythm was gone. I can see where you could really fly with the ascentree (or something similar).

All this is sort of outmoded by the orange toy these days, though. Lol

That ascentree thing does look pretty sweet. I was looking into those a handful of years ago. I had a pretty good footlock back in the day, but the stupid prussic cord was always a pita - would get a bad wrap on the boots, and have to set my weight on the cord to regroup... then, by the time I would get back to the prussic and loosen it, all the rhythm was gone. I can see where you could really fly with the ascentree (or something similar).

All this is sort of outmoded by the orange toy these days, though. Lol
I have bins full of ascenders that will never see the light of day again. Lol

Lmao. What is it then, the little foot kicky deal gets busy. A pantin, is it called? Lol
Have at least two of those, mar bars, 1 dual handle, and several cmi single ascenders. Bought them off the guy that sold me the grcs and 390xp. Think I spent $1325 on everything. Lol

I am gonna try just the marbar hand ascenders didn't care much for the foot deal , I am just disappointed with how the rope spits on the pantin but it may have been me now I step and push my foot behind me much better

pretty sure the pantin is designed so you can get in and out of them at will pretty easily while climbing.

looked at my more used one with a hand lens today...small surface crack by the black line. sending it in...will see what happens. will continue to use the other one. will keep you posted.

DSCF1397.JPG

Back