Zigzag

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobby.kerr.739

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Does anyone no how well the zz works with a 13m Marlowe rope. It was to big for the spiderjack when I tried but not sure about the zz. Do you recommend a 12m rope or anything smaller so it flows freely through the zigzag?

Haha. I have read some of the comments on the zig zag on here but I'm going to give it a try anyway. Anything to make my climbing life easier.

Just watched a little video of the rope wrench an it looks good. Going to look into it a bit more. Cheers for your help.

11.7 mm line works lovely with the ZZ.
I love my "flimsy piece of crap". The ZZ has caused me to become more mellow, and less prone to throwing rocks at people.
13mm sounds like it will be a chore to even thread it through the ZZ, and I betcha it doesn't tend worth a damn.

You trust your truck with 10,000+ moving parts to haul your Rubenesque physique, but don't trust a ZZ with around 30?

I'll have to invest in a 11.7mm rope then. I'm sold on the zigzag. Heard more good reviews than bad. I couldn't thread my 13 mm through a spider jack but was hopeful for the zz. Never mind. Thanks for your help

You trust your truck with 10,000+ moving parts to haul your Rubenesque physique, but don't trust a ZZ with around 30?
My truck doesn't suspend 70 ft in wide open air ... Not even a fair comparison an why are you so bothered ? Did you invent that mouse trap ? Different strokes ya know ....

But I guess since the powers that be have slowly started to thin the herd of regulars around here over recent years, there will be more and more talk of Marlowe ropes and such.

The ZZ belongs in the Smithsonian with other great inventions like the cotton gin, the bread slicer, and the sewing machine.
Each of them have lots of moving parts, and all of them could mangle you with varying degrees of mayhem.
I will concede that your truck commonly goes 70mph down a steep grade, and a ZZ can only rarely do that.

The ZZ belongs in the Smithsonian with other great inventions like the cotton gin, the bread slicer, and the sewing machine.
Each of them have lots of moving parts, and all of them could mangle you with varying degrees of mayhem.
I will concede that your truck commonly goes 70mph down a steep grade, and a ZZ can only rarely do that.

Aww, man.. just the mention of the Smithsonian makes me miss old vet even more!! Lol...

Didn't mean to overwhelm you with nostalgia.
I'm sure the old vet is missing me every bit as much as I'm missing him.

Latest posts

Back