Zip Chain ID Issue

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sweepleader

Chainsaws and Fire Trucks, perfect.
Reaction score
I have this old Zip with chain that I have not been able to identify. It is chisel or semi-chisel, round filed, with .880-.900" between 3 rivets for a pitch of .440-.450". It has "Home" over "lite" stamped on the links. It might be 7/16" but that is .4375" - a little short for my rechecked measurements. Not saying it isn't. Anyone have any thoughts on this? Was 7/16" made in chisel? Is there a different possibility?
Thanks in advance for anything you might have.
Dan

Yup, c to c, far edged to far edge, link end to link end, driver point to driver point, every way I could think of, they all come out about the same but since the edges and centers are not easily reached with my caliper, there is about a +/- .005 in there thus the .880 to .890. I just could not make it fit for 7/16" but I do not know what the measurement actually should be for the chain they call "7/16". I am a chain newby and it was only a couple of days ago I learned that 7/16" actually existed. I am open to any suggestions.

OK, I lied about it being chisel. Got confused with a .404 chain from a different Zip - that one is chisel, the one with the pitch problem is chipper. Sorry about the screw up.

Latest posts

Back