ztr an firewood

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tony marks

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
ive been pulling fire logs out o the woods with my ztr. it weighs a thousand lbs. so far u cant even tell the log is there. im in small stuff now tho. 10 -12 inches mostly. gotta go get some bigger stuff so i can evaluate the 372 . dans loaning me. still i was surprized the ztr could handle the logs that easy.lot cheaper than oprating the dozer.

Tony,
What is a ztr? I've been thinking of using my Bomardier Traxter ATV for hauling some smaller stuff next spring, when I'm too lazy to get out the Kubota.

and i thought that friend of mine using his truck to skid was getto!!!

hey ryan , ztr stands for zero turning radius mowers. part of my buisiness is lawncare. put wt on that atv and seems like it ought to drag a pretty good log. i dont have one ,so i dont know how they are geared.later now . guess what the seller got my money order . there is a god.:) [for my solo 667]

Had an old dodge powerwagon i welded the diffs in and cut part of the bed off and added log stakes.

Had a big pto winch. That was my first skidder.

Had some 38" super swampers on it.

Tony, i have a landscaper friend that use a ztr but he knows that it is a mower!!!LOL. i'm suprised that yours has enough power and traction to skid with. i have a 250cc yamaha atv that i have skided small 8-10'' stuff with but can't say that i have tried a lawn mower:Monkey: whatever works i guess

mine is the lazer and the dealers dont wont to talk about using it to pull.
but its using hydralics,and ive seen no reason not to pull what ever i want.
the chasis and motor wt are setting right over the drive wheels. itll out pull any garden type tractor ive ever used ,by a ton. :)

our skidder is a farmall f-20 with tripple wide steel wheels and a chevy 6 cylinder truck motor wiht a second transmission. it has live hydrolic drawbar. there aint much it can't move. and you never have to worry about a flat.

Latest posts

Back