Loggers World/Log Trucker

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GASoline71

Mr. Nice Guy
Reaction score
Just got the first "combined" issue of Loggers World/Log Trucker. I kinda like it. I've been gettin' Loggers World for eons... The only time I got to read a Log Trucker mag was when I would visit my uncles house. He's a retired log truck driver.

Editor/publisher Mike Crouse explained in the issue that they were going to combine the 2 to cut down on shipping costs, and the size of the magazines is smaller as well. It's on newsprint for those of you who don't get these...

What choo westside guys think mang? I wikes it... :)

Gary

Ive never heard of loggers world. . . .is its mostly west coast? Ive been getting the northern logger for a while (have every issue since '84) and its a good mag. but its been getting pritty slim lately.

Ive never heard of loggers world. . . .is its mostly west coast? Ive been getting the northern logger for a while (have every issue since '84) and its a good mag. but its been getting pritty slim lately.

Yeah Loggers World is mostly west coast . But good publication.

Been recieving Log Trucker for a couple of years now.Awesome publication. Great to see how things operate on the left coast, already get the Northern logger, wish they had a paper like that for the New England truckers.

We get it at work. It is pretty cheap. I put it over in the lunchroom after we timber beasties are done reading it. But I don't think anybody else looks at it and I suspect the one 'ologist puts it right into the recycling bin.

If you are really cheap, you can fly out here, go to Madsen's and get a free copy. Look by the right hand side of the exit door. :)

Combined they are more interesting, I think. I got a stack of Loggers World mags a few years ago and read through them all. I had not seen Log Trucker until I was at a logging show in Eugene. I liked reading that one too.

Now that I am religated to being a suburban tree butcher and buying smaller saws, I still like to keep up with the timber trade rags. Though of late, its been pretty dismal. Combining the rags makes more sence to me.

We get it at work. It is pretty cheap. I put it over in the lunchroom after we timber beasties are done reading it. But I don't think anybody else looks at it and I suspect the one 'ologist puts it right into the recycling bin.

If you are really cheap, you can fly out here, go to Madsen's and get a free copy. Look by the right hand side of the exit door. :)

Mine's been comin' in the mail for free for years...

Gary

I probably won't get that issue for a couple days yet. It's not the same now without Finley's new bedtime stories every month. :cry:

I had the honor of meeting Mr. Finley Hays a few years back. He and my father used to stomp some of the same trails. Did you know he passed away at his home in Centralia this last December?

For those of you who are not familiar with Mr. Hays, he was the founder of Loggers' World, and also Log Trucker, I believe.

Anyone on the east coast get the new issue yet?

It usually takes a while to get mine, I swear my mail
comes by donkey.

I've been getting it for years but haven't seen the new
combined issue.

Back