Tradin' Post Saw Values... Too Many "Best Offer" or Trades

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GASoline71

Mr. Nice Guy
Reaction score
It has been getting more frustrating to look through the ads for saws in the Tradin' Post. A lot of saws that I am interested in have no askin' price. I hate tryin' to figger out what someone would want with out lowballin' them.

Guys... post up some values you would like to get for the saws in the TP... There are about 3 or 4 saws I have recently considered buying... But everybody wants to either trade or have only the "best offer" made available. :rant:

Maybe it's just me... but... would it hurt to post up an askin' price... :dizzy:

Gary

:agree2:
I totally agree. I think they need to either post a price or trade only. The best offer ones I just go by, I don't feel like playing that game....

Mike

i agree as well. I did that once and nobody bit, so I thought about it from a buyers standpoint. If I want to make an offer, I will go to Ebay!

It has been getting more frustrating to look through the ads for saws in the Tradin' Post. A lot of saws that I am interested in have no askin' price. I hate tryin' to figger out what someone would want with out lowballin' them.

Guys... post up some values you would like to get for the saws in the TP... There are about 3 or 4 saws I have recently considered buying... But everybody wants to either trade or have only the "best offer" made available. :rant:

Maybe it's just me... but... would it hurt to post up an askin' price... :dizzy:

Gary

Hi Gary!!!

Gary what are you looking for????............

Gary

Amen brother! Though I aint afraid to lowball em. Heck if they are too sceered to put a price then I shouldn't be too afeared to try and get a bargain. I always put a buy it now on my stuff based on what I have in the saw plus my time to make it right. What do these guys think that people are going to volunteer to break the bank.:cheers:

Yeah, I don't like playing the offer game. Sometimes I'll do it. But I'd rather know what someone thinks they should get for it. If it's close to what I'm willing to pay then we have a starting point. If we're too far apart I just say that is beyond what I can afford. Sometimes they then invite you to make an offer. All depends on the situation.

Mr. HE:cool:

BTW... got any big ones you wanna let go? runners or not?

Gary[/QUOTE]

Maybe just maybe. Might even be a real rock star in the bunch. Yeah I'll probably let a few go, mostly projects but some runners.

Gary

I agree, in fact I thought you had to have an asking price........but maybe that was in the original trading post forum, I'm thinking of. But best offer is BS, you can get that on ebay. Time for a search......

Well, I'll make it unanimous so far and agree with you all. If anything set a high price with an OBO. If someone really wants it great, if not fine. We don't need any more uncertainties in our lives.

Nothing is certain but death and taxes.

Mr. HE:cool:

I used to hit the flea markets and swap meets looking for a way to make my car(s) faster. An old timer once said to me; "if you think you paid too much, and the seller thinks he didn't get enough, you BOTH got a good deal." Prices are set by what the market will absorb. You have a choice, buy or let it go to someone who wants it more.... (BTW, is it low balling, or high balling you're really worried about?)

I agree with Gary.

I would like to see a price put on the saws. The person knows what they would like to get for it, and I am not up for stepping on some ones toes by making what they might think is a low offer.

Latest posts

Back