Wildthing Races at GTG's.....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arrowhead

RARE BREED
Reaction score
This may be a very stupid idea, but I think it would be entertaining. It's garage sale season in most areas now. I see a constant supply of Wildthings anywhere from $5 to $20. For future GTG's would anybody be willing to race them. I say they should be all the same cc (not sure if they are), and that's it. Anything else goes.... pipes, porting etc. I know with it being a clam, it's limited. Perfect time to experiment. If it fails... no loss. I'm sure some of you may think I'm a moron for this.... and you may be right! :buttkick:I just think it would entertaining if a bunch of us got together and raced these turds. Anybody interested?? :)

I am in!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Proposed classes
-stock(fresh from the outlet)!
-stock appearance!
-Pro(anything that is contained in the sexy shell of a Wildthing)!!!!!!

Sounds interesting. That's one saw I never have owned. I do have that version in a leaf-blower, though. Got it for 5.00 at a yard sale. Runs great.

I am in!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Proposed classes
-stock(fresh from the outlet)!
-stock appearance!
-Pro(anything that is contained in the sexy shell of a Wildthing)!!!!!!
Works for me! I love to find a Hank Jr. model.... I hear they are rare. :)
Timberwolf put NOS on one a few years ago. There are pics of it floating around somewhere. Needless to say, it didn't have a long life, lol. But it sure was cool!

I think it would be a blast! Short lives is definitely expected. It would also be a good starter saw for newbee modders (like me) to practice even though the design ain't like a pro saw. Are these open port? Are you in?? LOL :cheers:

I'm thinking several months down the road personally....

Im in, as soon as somebody lets me know who owns the one in our shop.

:)

9 pin, square ground .325? 12" bar, tuned pipe, 100av, v-stack.

maybe Brad can build my wildthing if hes back to work now

sounds like fun to me but im sure im thousands of miles from you guys

Grand Dog might have a new product!!

Is there a BB available? Maybe if this catches on.... Grand Dog might have a new product...! :spam:

Here's what Mike Acres has to say about this saw: Wild Thing

Last edited:
Timberwolf put NOS on one a few years ago. There are pics of it floating around somewhere. Needless to say, it didn't have a long life, lol. But it sure was cool!

Found it!

attachment.php

Guys, we are getting back to the fat chick and the moped thing....both are fun to ride, you just don't want your buddies to catch you doing it.

I was given one of the newer strato wild thingys so I'm in, who knows, fat chicks and mopeds may be cool.

Latest posts

Back