Climbing Pictures

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sizzle-Chest

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Post em if you got em!

I guess I'll kick things off and post the only ones I got for now. They're more like tree work than rec climbing. Maybe a mix. Post whatever I guess, as long as it involves a person in a tree.

Last edited:
Wait a minute, sizzle-chest...why are you posting pics with chainsaws and earplugs in the rec-climbing section?

hmmmmm

love
nick

NickfromWI said:
Wait a minute, sizzle-chest...why are you posting pics with chainsaws and earplugs in the rec-climbing section?

hmmmmm

love
nick

just trying to get things started. make you a deal, if someone else post some pictures of real climbing then I'll take mine off. But I need something to encourage more pictures!

Awsome Jbird! I really like the third one, with the rope. So i got some more, and these ones dont involve cutting tree's in any way. hope you like!

Sizzle-Chest said:
I double checked the pictures and I can clearly see my prusik and Petzl rope grabber.

I think that is a good joke?? I took it to mean where is your "cambium saver" type friction device? Let's see if that is so.

BTW, that moss looks very cool...good picts. Thanks.

You can make a friction saver...cheap...ASK US HOW!

Here's my pics. I think you have to take those first pictures off, right?

:dizzy: Just givin' you a hard time! :p

love
nick

NickfromWI said:
You can make a friction saver...cheap...ASK US HOW!

Here's my pics. I think you have to take those first pictures off, right?

:dizzy: Just givin' you a hard time! :p

love
nick

Nick

I'm asking how to make a friction saver. Got my pencil and paper ready.

Tks
Tom

Jbird, I have to thank you! I tried that technique and i ascended a tree in about 1/3 the time it took me last weekend, and it was all without extra gear! It was slamming awsome, I'm so glad you showed me that. I took some pictures and I will post them a little later. Thanks again!

Last edited:
are there any really inexpensive alternatives to the prusik? i was thinking of putting a carabeener through the eye of the rope grabber to make a hand deally. I'll try and draw a picture of what I mean

climbing gear

question to both sizzle-chest and jbird.since you both come from different sides of the fence so to speak,i think both your opinions would be appreciated.i'd like to get into climbing.partially to fell some trees on my sisters property and mostly for the exercise.what would you guys recommend to start me off?what climbing gear is best?can i buy used?their are so many different types on the market that i would not know where to start.thanks,robert.

climbing gear

thanks for the reply.you're right about buying something new.that way i'll know my own harness as opposed to what someone else was doing with their own.as far as cutting trees,i'm looking at a few elms and a couple of smaller conifers.i looked at the sherrill website and i like the floating d wideback saddle,the prusik with aluminum kong snap and the buckingham steel climbers.as for rope,i got no clue.never had to buy any,but would appreciate any insight in this matter as well as your opinion on the rest.thanks,robert.

I agree with what Jbird has recommended and would like to add an opinion on the saddle choice. This is one of the more expensive parts of the puzzle and the one you will have touching your body from start to finish. Having tried the Master II and floating D wideback I can safely say there has got to be something better, and there is. Two of my old coworkers, and current friends, have switched to the Petzl Navaho Vario with not a complaint to be heard. No question this will be my next saddle but if you can get your hands on a few different types that would be great. Have fun and climb safe, oh and btw I am all about the advanced fiction hitch...once I went swabisch I never looked back.

why the double d?the conifers can't be more than 18 or 20" wide.good advice on the spurs.funny the things you don't think about when you're new at something.thanks for the advice.robert.

balaban9331 said:
why the double d?the conifers can't be more than 18 or 20" wide.good advice on the spurs.funny the things you don't think about when you're new at something.thanks for the advice.robert.

i just find that its nice having two points to tie into on the front rather than one. Its just a convenience thing i guess. More to work with!

Sizzle-Chest said:
Post em if you got em!

I guess I'll kick things off and post the only ones I got for now. They're more like tree work than rec climbing. Maybe a mix. Post whatever I guess, as long as it involves a person in a tree.

I'm looking at dog.jpg

Thats a very nice photograph, the color is great, the background depth is terrific, and the composition is good. are you a trained photographer SC?

edit well the first dog.

Back