Stihl Chainsaw Specifications

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JamesReed

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Any link on the web where I can find chainsaw specifications such as fuel mixture ratios? I have some older saws Stihl 015L, 031av, 041 farmboss) that I suspect may call for various mixture ratios. I have no manuals on them. What happens if you add a 50:1 mixture in an engine that calls for a 30:1 mixture. Could it cause problems when trying to adjust a rebuilt carb on my 031av? Adjusting this 031av rebuild carb continues to be a real challenge! :bang:

You can order owner's manuals from Stihl for free. For service manuals, check out Tom Thompson's site-

http://www.giftsofwood.com/stihl_info.htm

As for oil ratios, do a search. It's been hashed to death. Some say that older oils didn't lubricate as well as newer ones, and thus the need for a lower ratio. It goes on and on.

Jeff

Use a major brand oil, like Stihl or Echo or..., and just run them on 50:1. If you're worried, 40:1, but it makes no difference. Yes, this has been hashed over a zillion times but the bottom line is that the modern oils are better.

Back